.

.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Amateur

Hello my name is Andrea Smith (soon to be Hardison) and I am not technologically savvy. It's true. I confess that I made a B in Computing and Infosystems in college. So, I am new to this whole blogging thing....But, I am going to give this a chance. I have many successful blogging friends (aka J and K), so hopefully I can learn from them. If not, I will hang my hat and pick up another hobby :)

Matthew and I are getting geared up for the Big Day. For those of you who are uninformed, we are getting married September 6th. Most of my days are filled with running countless wedding errands and tying up all the loose ends. Fortunately, Matthew was in Nashville this weekend and he got here just in time to help me stuff wedding invitations! We decided to curl up on the couch, watch a DVR'd House episode and stuff invitations. Twenty seconds into the episode, we realized we would not be able to both concentrate on stuffing and watch our favorite show at the same time. Our solution? Stuff until we got sick of it then relax and watch our show. Great minds think alike.

My dad and little Matthew (my brother) are at church camp this week, so the house seems empty. Little Matthew was so excited about camp, although maybe a little apprehensive. Dad called me tonight and told me to make sure when I come up to visit on Wednesday to bring a little package from Mom. Dad explained that everytime they have mail call at lunch or dinner Matthew anxiously waits to see if he has received anything. So cute! I cannot wait for them to come back and hear about it. Church camp was always the best part of my summers growing up, and I pray that Matthew gets to experience God in that place like I did.

Big Matthew has his first committee meeting next Monday. The outcome of this meeting basically dictates when he will be able to graduate from his program. So...kind of a big deal. Prayers would be much appreciated! I know that he will do a wonderful job. He would not be where he is today if he were not so dedicated, and I am very proud of him. As for me, I will be hanging out in the 'Ville trying to spend as much time with my family before I leave the Music City for the Magic City.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

David Hardison said...

We all still like to get "something in the mail" don't we? I know I was delighted to see this in my email this morning. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. We continue to lift you both up in prayer.

Dad H

Happy Acres said...

Glad to see ya'll have joined the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

wow ann you made your own blog maybe i can make one.


your brother