.

.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Life In The Fast Lane

Summer is here! For four days at least :) I am finished with my first semester of nursing school, and will be back to start summer semester Monday...boo!

Recent activities:

Most importantly, my wonderful friend Sarah Rummage was married a couple of weeks ago, and I was honored to be in the wedding. Sarah and I have been friends for our entire lives. Our dads became close friends in college, and we have been friends with the Rummages since then. So, when my family moved to Nashville 11 years ago, Sarah was the only person I knew, and I was so grateful for a familiar face. For those who do not know Sarah well, she is the sweetest person you will ever meet. Not only is she is one of the most godliest women I have ever known, but she is just filled with this overwhelming joy that is just contagious. I am so blessed to have her in my life!

Sarah met her husband Seth Neller at Harding University, and they got engaged last November (or was it Oct...woops). Small world...But Matthew knew Seth and his brother Colin from Lexington. Their dad was the minister at Southside for a number of years! Not only that, but Matthew's parents knew Sarah's dad Ronnie from growing up in Columbia! And not only that...but Sarah's grandmother Fifi was married recently (as in the last couple of years), and the ceremony was performed by none other than our favorite Happy Acres Manager! I know....crazy.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. We were so glad to be there, and I know that Seth and Sarah are going to be very happy....in DALLAS! I'm sad that my friend is moving so far away, but it will be an awesome adventure for them! Congratulations!



Bridesmaids Luncheon
Sally is the girl on the left, Sarah the one next to me and Caity on the far right. We all grew up in the youth group together at Harpeth Hills. And Caity was my freshman year roommate!







Beautiful Bride!

To celebrate the end of my semester, Matthew surprised me with a trip to Atlanta with two of my good friends! He booked the hotel, made the plans, all without me knowing! It was a short little trip, only for a night, but we had an absolute blast, and I definitely needed the break! So here is to my husband...you are the BEST! I love you!


P.S. Lexi is still perfect...except when we go home to Nashville. I talked her up to my parents for weeks, about how she never went to the bathroom inside, never barked, etc... Well, apparently Lexi had another agenda. She was TERRIBLE for the first 24 hours. Jumped the gate, barked, went to the bathroom TWICE! I felt like an embarassed parent. Mom always said "you will know what I feel like when you have your child do something that embarasses you". Well...now I do. I know it's just a dog, but still. I felt like the time Mom and Dad took Ashley to Cinci to visit Grady and Jeannie and talked about how perfect she was and would never do anything bad.... 2o years later Grady and Jeannie finally confessed to my parents that after that very trip they found that Ashley had colored all over their wall behind in the bed in their bedroom....hilarious.

We blamed it on her being in an unfamiliar place...Hopefully we were right, cause mom and dad are getting new carpet upstairs!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for the wedding pictures. We have lots of connections. Keep us posted with your blogs. We love to read them.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of the wedding. Sarah makes me smile! We were so glad to have you here for the wedding and Mother's Day. Lexi is too sweet to get mad at! However, new carpet is in now!! What a blessing to have such good friends as Sarah and to us, Ronnie and Paula! We love and miss you both!

Mom