.

.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Third Trimester?

I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that I am more than 2/3 of the way done with the pregnancy.  Not gonna lie... I am nearing the "I'm ready to have her out" stage.   Not entirely... I obviously want her to completely finish cooking, but it will be nice to be able to climb a flight of steps without getting winded :)

Mom and Ash came to visit the weekend of Mom's birthday.  It was so nice to have family here, especially for a long weekend.  We spent most of our time hitting the boutiques and shops in Rice Village and the Galleria. I was able to find clothes for maternity pics and our showers that are coming up.   We also tried out some new Houston restaurants that M and I will definitely be visiting again! 

The nursery is getting there!  The weekend Mom and Ashley were here, we ordered the chandelier for Avery's room.  M spent Sunday afternoon hanging it, and it looks fantastic!  The crib got here a about 2 weeks ago, the bedding/curtains should be shipped soon, and the chair/glider and ottoman will hopefully be here in about another 6 weeks.  Avery Grace will officially have the nicest room in the house :) 

Work is going pretty well for me physically.  I'm just now starting to notice that sometimes it can be hard to be pregnant and be an OR nurse... never used to have to worry about having my stomach kicked by a patient waking up from anesthesia, or carrying heavy pans of instruments, lifting patients, etc...  Only 11 more weeks!  Planning on working up until she comes!

We'll be headed to Nashville for 2 showers the first weekend in March.  We are so looking forward to seeing family and friends (especially some that we haven't seen since last fall!).  The Monday after, M is giving a talk to the Biology and Chemistry students at Lipscomb.  Will be nice to be back on campus.  

Hope everyone had a great Monday!  4 more work days left!

Ruggles Bakery

3 desserts later


Birthday dinner for Mom at Ousie's Table.  Best shrimp and grits I have EVER had.

28 weeks

29!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for your blog.
We enjoy hearing from you all.