.

.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Showers and Visits

This is Andrea posting from Matthew's account. Blogger has informed me that I have reached my photo upload quota, and insisted that I pay for more space. Instead, I will from now on post from my husband's account until he runs out of space. Take that Blogger!

My sister-in-law informed me today that I have been neglecting the blog. I would normally lay out a list of excuses, but I'm 37 1/2 weeks pregnant, and I feel like I shouldn't have to apologize for anything :)

We have been incredibly busy the last few weeks getting the house ready, organizing closets, putting together baby swings/bouncy seats, installing car seats, etc... Plus, I have to fit in time on the weekends to lounge around and nap. :) I'm so OVER being pregnant, and I cannot wait for Miss Avery to grace us with her presence. M is convinced she is going to come early, but I'm not so sure. We've been walking 45 minutes or so almost every night in hopes it might speed things along, but I think our baby girl is quite comfy. Matthew and I are so ready to meet our precious girl. A couple of times a week, we will just go and sit in her nursery and talk about how we cannot wait to hold her and see what she looks like.

Since I last posted, I had 2 more showers here in Houston and M's parents came to visit us.

34 weeks prego before my church shower.

Sweet friend Kelly. Don't know what I would do in Houston without her!

Wonderful hostesses

Then my incredible co-workers threw me a small shower at the end of a work day and surprised me with our car seat and stroller! No kidding!!! I was shocked to say the least. M and I could not believe that so many people at work had contributed to the purchase. Trust me, that thing is not cheap!
Homemade quilt made by my co-worker Lisa. Love it!


And most recently, M's parents came to visit us one last time before Avery's arrival. M and David spent a lot of the weekend building a bookcase for the nursery, and it is perfect. I won't show you the finished pic of it until I post nursery pics, but trust me when I saw that they did an amazing job. Sandra also sewed the curtains for Avery's nursery while she was here, and they are absolutely beautiful. Exactly what I wanted. I would like to say that I was a huge help in the process, but let's be real...this girl can't even sew on a button. We also enjoyed watching our Cats play that weekend and win #8! We cannot thank them enough for all the help. I promise next time you're here, absolutely NO house projects :)



One more baby bump picture. Don't know if I plan on taking anymore. I'm starting to look more than just a little swollen :(
36 weeks!

Celebrating Easter with the Russells.

Here's hoping that the next time I post, I will be a new mom. Not likely, I'm sure. Pics of the finally finished nursery to come soon hopefully!

No comments: