.

.

Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Mother's Day Out!


Avery started Mother's Day Out (MDO) at our church last week.  Due to the aforementioned sickness, she missed Monday and Wednesday, so her first day was actually Friday.  I ran into Jonathan dropping off the boys, and he asked me how Aves would do dropping off.  My response, "Oh she'll be great!  She does fine when we drop her off for her Sunday school, or when I go to the Y, etc..."

Well, excuse me while I remove the foot in my mouth.  As Jonathan comes back down the hall, he finds me standing outside Avery's room while my child can be heard screaming bloody murder.  So much for a smooth drop off ;)  It was actually partially funny.  Not to sound like a callous mom, because I for one am not.  But I figure, you have to see the hilarity in situations like this in order to prevent the sadness.  She actually clawed at the door frame trying to get back to me, backpacks, her teacher's shirt... whatever was available.  I called my mom as I was leaving and told her, "I almost wish I had it on video for later".  Now.. before you judge me and think that sounds awful, this is coming from the girl who cried when I had to leave her with my parents for a little more than 24 hours two weekends ago.  I have only been apart from this child for a total of 2 nights since she took her first breath.  So, while I was partially giggling at her on Friday, I did tell Matthew the night before I took her that I was very sad that our time at home was coming to an end.  I feel so incredibly blessed that I was able to stay home with her for the first 15 months of her life, and this just reminds me that she is not my little baby anymore.  But, I know that this experience is going to be great for her.  She is such a little social bug, and I know she is going to learn SO much.  We are taking it in stride!

That being said, she is only at MDO Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 to 1.  So, we are still rocking the Mommy and me routine the majority of the time :)  It is helping me work part-time, and will be essential after I start back to school next week.

After it was all said and done, one of her sweet teachers texted me within 45 minutes of drop off to tell me that she was doing great, and that she had only cried for like a minute.  Nothing beats coming back at 1 to see her sweet little face light up when I come to the door.  She immediately comes running, saying, "Mommy! Mommy!"  My sweet girl is getting so big!

Thanks Honey for my School House Smocked Outfit!

Going to school is tiring!  I was asleep within minutes of getting home!
Friday Night.  Sweet cousins.  School is all forgotten :)  Love how Aves just has to know what Sammy is doing.

No comments: