.

.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2 weeks old!



Burton, we had your two week visit today at the pediatrician.  I can't believe you have been home with us for 17 days!  It's mostly been a blur...the days are filled with feeding, countless loads of laundry, taking care of your big sister (we've watched more tv the last two weeks than ever before... You do what you gotta do considering the circumstances) and trying to fit in some school work whenever my tired brain allows it.  But hey, these days are short lived, and I am trying to soak up your newborness while it lasts.  Babies don't keep :(

Here are your stats at 2 weeks:
Height- 21 1/4 inches (75%)
Weight- 7 pounds 15 ounces (25%)
Head circumference- 14 inches (25%)

Sleep: well, you have good days and bad days, but I can say that thus far you are a much better sleeper than your sister.  At this rate, our third child should sleep like a champ! 
Eating: you are nursing quite well, possibly too well.  Sometimes for 2 hours at one time.. At night no less.  Sorry buddy but your pediatrician told me today that there was no reason for you to eat for that long, so I guess you can blame him for your dairy shortage :) 

We love you, and are so thankful you have made us a family of four! As I sit on the couch with you in my lap and big sister curled up on my shoulder, I cannot imagine life being more beautiful... I'm sure in another 10 min, you will be hungry again and your sister will be yelling out from the bathroom, but let's just enjoy the peace while we can. 

Here are some pics from the last 2 weeks:
 





No comments: