.

.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Wonderful World of Sports

What a great weekend in sports. Is anyone as depressed as me that college football is all but over? What will I do on Saturdays to avoid studying? Let's recap the weekend...


UNC vs. UK

Way to go Cats! Always love to see Roy Williams lose, especially to Kentucky. John Wall is definitely on track to be #1 in the NBA draft, boo on him leaving early, but at least Bledsoe will stay. And what's with the attitude Cousins?

It sure is sweet seeing a competent coach on the UK bench. I think Calipari looks great in UK blue, despite the haters on my side of the family. (My mom and dad are HUGE Memphis fans, considering they both grew up there).

Sorry Roy Boy. See ya again next year. Or later on this season, perhaps?


Alabama vs. Florida
Rammer Jammer! Roll Tide! Go Bama! (sorry Sean) I am super pumped that Bama beat Florida, if you can't tell. I am also sick of hearing about Tim Tebow. I am definitely not a Tebow fan, but he kind of tugged at the ole' heart string a bit crying on the sidelines... I mean good grief. But really, he's won 2 national championships already, add a Heisman, and this kid couldn't have had a better college football experience. So... sorry, cry all you want, I do not have one ounce of sympathy for you.... ok, maybe a little. Im not totally heartless!


So funny... Whoever you are out there. I wish we could be friends.

Texas vs. Nebraska
There isn't a lot I can say about this. I'm not an expert on Big 12 Football. But, Nebraska... heartbreaking. Did anyone catch the look on Colt McCoy's face when he thought they had run out of time at the end of the game? PRICELESS. The only consolation is that I would much rather Bama play Texas as opposed to the other undeserving undefeated teams... I'm sorry I just can't stomach a Boise State or TCU in the final game. No thanks.


Titans vs. Colts
I admit, I feel guilt-ridden writing this, but I like him.... Peyton is funny. He had enough sense to attend an SEC school for college (despite it being UT), he married a Southern girl (Memphis native), he likes Country music (we will overlook the fact that he and Kenny Chesney are bid buds), and he is a great quarterback. I also like the Colts... don't berate me. I don't like them as much now since my main man Tony Dungy left, but I still like them. Despite all these things, I have never wanted my Titans to win a game as much as this one (except for maybe the Super Bowl back in the day). I mean, the Colts were ripe for the picking. We could/ SHOULD have won that game. What's with the play calling Heimerdinger? You should have to sit in time out for your lack of coaching Sunday. Who calls a pass to the back of the end zone on a 4th and 1? Especially when you have Vince, White (even though he loves putting the ball to the ground), and JOHNSON to run it in? Sickening is what it is.


And finally. My good friend Heather sent me this picture of my traitor of a father. He did a men's retreat for their church up in Knoxville. Dad loves hoodies. He got a Michigan one a couple years back for doing a retreat there, and ever since then, he thinks as his payment he deserves a college hoodie. This was the picture placed in their church bulletin. Unbelievable.

Dad... What were you thinking? No one looks good in orange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for the sports report.
You are a true fan.
Hope to see you soon.