.

.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Party Weekend

This past weekend Matthew and I had 3 different Christmas parties to go to... Yeah that's right, we are that popular. So here goes a short recap, because I'm severely lacking in time considering I need to pack for 2 WEEKS away from home, clean the apartment, do laundry, work out, and take down all the Christmas decorations before we leave....

Party 1- Tacky Christmas Party with all my Nursing Buddies

We've been through a LOT together :)


Ashton, Katie, and I taking a family portrait... Plus Josie



Should have been the pic for the Xmas card.



Friday Night
Nutcracker Ballet at Samford

Matthew and I had a much needed date night Friday. We went to see the Nutcracker by the Alabama Ballet and it was AWESOME! I hadn't seen it since middle school, and I was thoroughly impressed. So beautiful.



Saturday Night- Party # 2
Matthew's work party at Ed's house.



Geoff always gets invited to work parties, especially now that he is Ed's personal banker!


The Lab. Ed (Matthew's boss) is the one sitting on the far left holding up the book.

Sunday Night- Dirty Santa Church Party


We had a bunch of laughs. Dirty Santa is always a good time.

My good friend Ally.

Ally's husband Stephen



Wednesday- our own personal Christmas Eve!



We ate at one of our favorite restaurants Chez Fon Fon and then went to the Alabama Theatre to see my personal favorite Christmas movie, It's a Wonderful Life. Jimmy Stewart is one of my all time favorite actors, and I just love the message of this movie. Of course I cried again at the very end of the movie... it's just too good. Here is the part that really gets me....



Could an ending be any more perfect than that? Considering I just cried again while watching it.... I think not.

The organ player... who is hilarious (J and K- it was the same guy from Mamma Mia) The whole crowd sang some Christmas carols before they started the movie.

One of my favorite parts about seeing movies at the Alabama Theatre (despite it being absolutely beautiful on the inside) is that they show random facts about the particular movie on the screen before the show.

This leads me to my Christmas surprise! Matthew secretly bid on ebay for this Paramount Theatre Snow Village and won! He got it for like $30 bucks which is a steal for Snow Village pieces, especially considering this one retired in 1989. Not only that...but on the outside of the theatre it says "Now Showing- White Christmas" (M's fav. xmas movie) and "Coming Soon- It's a Wonderful Life". Could it be any more perfect?!


Now I have 3!



We are spending Hardison family Christmas in Columbia this weekend. I will try and break up Christmas posts...but if not. Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO jealous about the theater!

Uncle Kin and family said...

So glad we got to visit with you. I always enjoy reading your blog