.

.

Monday, April 19, 2010

5 things

I try most times to not be too materialistic. On a post-doc salary/student loans, we don't have much of an option. But there are times when "things" warm my heart.. and not in a bad way, at least I don't think. Here are the things that I particularly LOVED this past week.

1. My Kitchen-Aid mixer
I do NOT know what I would do without it. After seeing my own mother burn through countless hand mixers growing up (she used one with only one working blade for years), I knew that I HAD to have one. Now, thankfully, we did not have to buy one of these jewels ourselves, thanks to the Matar's in Lextown. But, even if we had... it would have TOTALLY been worth it. All you gotta do is throw in all your ingredients, turn it on, and you can go about your business until it's done. It's only making people of my generation even LAZIER :)



2. My stethoscope
I'm a stethoscope snob. Mainly because I think mine is better than everyone else's (when all reality it's most likely just as good... but still). I worked on a cardiac floor this past semester, and since my stethoscope was so awesome, I was hearing all sorts of murmurs, bruits, prosthetic valves, etc... Thanks to my wonderful in-laws. Now, I only need to get it monogrammed so no one can steal it!
And yes, of course it's a Littmann :)

3. Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte at Starbucks
I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but this is a lifesaver when I have to be at the hospital at 6:15, which really means 6:00 in order to catch the trolley to get from the satellite parking lot to the hospital (it is just wrong to have to be up at that hour). Thankfully the hospital I was at this past semester had one on campus! And apparently, it's only 90 calories!



4. My planner
I would be lost without it. I feel incomplete if I'm not able to cross through yet another day before I go to bed each night. It's just so satisfying. How do people survive without one? It is now currently counting me down until: Baby H's arrival- 9 weeks 5 days, graduation- 15 weeks 5 days, and hopefully our cruise!- date TBA (sometime in late August or early Sept)

5. Lysol Wipes
I could possibly go through a carton of them a week. Having learned that I used them so frequently, I have had to restrain myself and reuse them by washing them out and then spraying kitchen cleaner on the countertops and wiping it down with a wipe. But it's just not the same... not even close. I'd like to think that these babies are what kept me from getting swine flu back in Nov.
And of course you have to buy them in bulk... much cheaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Five nice things, just remember this are things.