.

.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hodge Podge

Long time, no post. My profuse apologies. We've been pretty busy the last couple weeks, but I will try and catch you up on all the comings and goings of our household through pics.

Heather and Russ spent a night with us a couple of weekends ago on their way to the beach. Ed and Shawn had everyone over for dinner at their place, since they love Heath and Russ just about as much as we do.


This is my recent baking experiment... Key Lime Cake. Yup... cake, not pie. I'm not a huge fan of tart desserts, but this one "took the cake". I saw it in a Southern Living mag at the gym, submitted by Trisha Yearwood, which means that Garth has probably eaten it... #1 reason I wanted to make it.

We went to Nash this past weekend for Sing-to-your-Mama and Easter.

Benj was a director this year for the SID show. He did an A-W-E-S-O-M-E job! It was a great show, and if anything, he looked super snazzy in his tux.

What's Easter without pics on the front porch.

Had to take a pic of my good friend Emma, looking super cute in the Easter dress my mom got her. I'm sure some of you remember this fire ball from being the flower girl in our wedding... Here she is below.. over a year and half ago!!!

She couldn't be any cuter.


M pumped about his Easter basket... NEW SHOES. Thank goodness. Note.. it is apparently possible to wear the same pair of tennis shoes for 3 years. My hubby is a pro at it.


David, Sandra, Benj, and Morgan were able to join us for Easter lunch this year! Yay for being able to spend it with both sides of the family.

Remember that time my little bro is now taller than me. Yup, it's true. We measured just a few short weeks ago. But, I have grown 1/4 inch since college!


And what would a recap of pictures be without a pic of the BEST dog ever.

Recent Notes:

-We have decided to stay put in Bham for another year. Matthew was offered a post-doc position with Ed for a year to finish up some projects he has been working on and such. Plus, the fellowships that M is really interested in do not take post docs until the summer of 2011. One position will be open at Vandy! (yup Aimee... Vanderbilt!) Plus a handful of other universities.

-We are 99% sure we will be moving into a HOUSE sometime in the next couple of weeks! We are SO excited. M gets his raise this month, so we are "Movin on up". We are going to be renting a 2 bedroom house in Crestline Village that has a screened in porch and a deck with the best part... a yard for Lexi to play in. Not to mention, that it is a great neighborhood with lots of young couples and closer in to downtown. Can you tell we're pumped? So, now no one has an excuse to not come visit. We've got a spare bedroom!

- I am TWO tests away from being in my LAST semester of school. It's hard to believe it is almost over.. and I would NEVER do it again :)

-M is going to New Orleans in the middle of May for the American Thoracic Society conference. A poster he submitted got accepted so he gets a all expense paid trip! We're hoping that it works out for my schedule to be able to go down for a couple of days to join him. Beignets anyone?

That's about all. We hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for the update.
We were glad to see you last Saturday.