.

.

Friday, July 2, 2010

New Addition

Matthew, Lexi and I have a new family member. Don't worry, he's not nearly as cute as Sam, nor does he share any genetic characteristics with humans, or mammals for that matter....


Meet Tayshaun... our new fish! He's named after one of our favorite former UK basketball players... Tayshaun Durell Prince (currently of the Detroit Pistons). I'm sure our Tayshaun appreciates the fact that we've chosen to name him after this former Wildcat. Hopefully he will live up to his name, and be the baddest Beta fish this side of the shelf he sits on. I think quite possibly he's a lefty just like his predecessor. I'm pretty sure I saw him swimming a little harder with his left fin.



I know you must be thinking what I'm thinking. Twins, Right!?

We picked the bluest Beta we could find. It wouldn't be right to have a light blue Beta named Tayshaun.... especially anything that even remotely resembled North Carolina blue. Gross.


Have a Happy 4th! Russ and Heather will be here in a couple of hours for the weekend!

And for those of you who are like me, and can't seem to get enough of Sam. Here he is.... So glad to be home from the hospital :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! Only you, Andrea! Great blog! Of course, my favorite is of that adorable Sam! I can't wait to see ya'll!!

Hugs,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
We welcome the blue fish into your family. What will the next?????