.

.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

One of These Days

As Matthew and I get closer to contemplating buying our first home, I find myself on the internet constantly searching for my "dream kitchen" or "dream bathroom" etc... While I know that our first home will not be my ultimate "dream house", it's ok to look, right?  I have organized and tucked all the pictures away in a file titled, "Future House"... on my currently dying laptop.. it's SLOOOOOOW.  Might be a good time to pull out that new external hard drive to save all of our priceless pics (of Lexi) before this computer bites. 

Matthew and I eventually would love to build our own home... But that will have to wait until "post doc salary" turns into "fellowship salary" which will then turn into "Matthew is finally done with training salary." I can't wait to design a custom made professional grade kitchen, where I can finally find a place for all of our kitchen appliances (I'm guessing a lot of you don't own a mandolin slicer or an immersion blender)... We love to cook.  I find my favorite designs by typing "French Country Kitchens" into Google Images.  French Country is my fav... partly because I grew up in a home that was decorated this way, partly because I just like it, and partly because every self-respecting Southern woman should know that French Country is the way to go :) (JK.. everyone is entitled to their own style)

The first 3 pictures is our favorite kitchen to date.  I love the rustic feel of it. 

I mean... LOVE it.  The only thing I would change would be to have the cabinets a little less distressed.  And possibly paint the shutters a different color. 

This is my favorite picture of it.  I love the exposed brick with the refrigerator built inside. 

Different kitchen, but I really like this one as well.  Especially the pots hanging over the island.  I will have a kitchen with my pots hanging like this!  But new pretty copper pots.. not my ugly Calphalon non stick pots.

Love this one too.. I think you can see a trend.  The floors are gorgeous.

When we do buy our first house... hopefully sooner rather than later.  We will have to get a dining room table.  This is my current favorite, with different, more comfy chairs.  Now how I find one like this, I have no idea.
Happy Monday.  Off to watch the Golden Globes.

4 comments:

Uncle Kin and family said...

Love your choice of kitchens!

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
We thank you for your blog.
This lets us know what you are thinking- very interesting ideas.

Anonymous said...

Is Bigfoot Actual or faux? For more than 4 hundred many years, there have already been reporting’s of a man like monster which is completely coated in hair.
[url=http://www.is-bigfoot-real.com/]bigfoot screams[/url]

Ashley said...

that big foot comment is interesting??
i love that table and i think you could totally find a table like that at the flea market!