.

.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Walking in Memphis (Well really Bartlett- the 'Burbs of Memphis)

A couple of weeks ago, Ashley, Matthew and I met in Memphis to visit Mimi and Papaw to celebrate Christmas...just a few weeks late.  Usually we are able to go visit over New Years, but this year Ashley was in NYC and I had to work.  I've been dying to go visit since I hadn't been able to see my gparents since MAY!  Ridiculous.  I missed them SO much... not to mention having Mimi's chocolate pie withdrawals can be pretty intense.

Some things never change.


First things first.. Christmas gifts!

Excited about our "Happys".  Since we were little, Mimi has made us "Happy" bags that contain all of our favorite toiletry items.  I've never bought a bottle of lotion or tooth paste thanks to this wonderful woman.  

On Saturday, Matthew and I visited Graceland.  Mimi volunteers at the hospital with a woman whose husband works security at Graceland.  So, we got our $45 tickets for FREE. 

Matthew, Priscilla and Lisa Marie

Who can't wait for this to come back into style?

Elvis' TV room. 

The family room that Elvis designed himself.  Interesting.  It was called the "Jungle Room".


End of the tour.  I didn't upload half the pictures.  Just imagine more gaudy 60's/70's decorations.  It irked me to no end that we weren't allowed to go upstairs into the "private residence" to respect Elvis' privacy.  No offense, but the man is no longer with us!  Like he cares that people are looking into his bedroom.  I asked a worker if she was allowed to go upstairs, she said "No, of course not".  But she did say that everything upstairs has been put into storage except the furniture from Elvis' bedroom...as if he were still sleeping there at night.. Crazy. 

Private Plane


If you're going to have 1... might as well have 2

I know.. it looks like I wear this scarf all the time.  1. I really like it.  2. My best friend Katie Bug bought it for me.  3.  I always seem to be wearing it times when I actually take pictures.  4.  I don't really know why I feel the need to defend myself. 

Isn't she too cute.   Most of my physical characteristics came from this woman here. 

Great weekend.  Can't wait for our next visit. 

No comments: