.

.

Monday, March 21, 2011

"Food Tour of Lexington"

We spent the weekend in Bluegrass country savoring what it means to be a part of the "Big Blue Nation".   Once we were done savoring our revenge on the Mountaineers, we had enough time to eat... a lot.

David and Sandra had this great idea of taking M and me to various restaurants in Lexington, a "food tour" if you will, which was a treat for these two foodies.  With food on the brain, I asked to work a half day Friday so we could get up to Lex in time for dinner.... Half days are awesome.  You still get a few hours of work in, get to leave early, and the more you look at the clock, the closer it really does get to leaving time.  I was in the process of having my hand all the way inside a body cavity... looked up, 11:00..."Whoops gotta go guys! Have a great weekend!"...I was scrubbed out in a matter of seconds.

We started Friday night at Malone's Steakhouse.  Bobby Flay ate there the last time he was in town.  No brainer.  I got the Prime Rib with whipped potatoes.  M got the same but with Mac n' cheese.  Incredible.


 Saturday morning, David made us his famous blueberry pancakes.  Two hours later, I'm at in again....  We requested to have take out Joe B's to eat while watching the UK game.  M's good friend Dave came over with his 3 boys. 

Aren't they TOO Cute.  From Left: Tom, Will, and Luke.
 Saturday afternoon we went to look at furniture, but first I had to make them drive passed Calipari's pad. I hadn't seen it yet. 

So this is what 31.65 million over 8 years can get you!  He only wishes he had a PhD in Molecular Physiology and Biophysics and was married to a nurse.


 Saturday night we went to a 5 star Italian place downtown called Bellinis.  Bobby Flay says it's the best Italian he's had in Lexington.. Who am I to argue?





Sunday after church we went to Ramsey's which is a meat and three type place... I was feeling pretty guilty about all the calories, so I went a little healthier and got everything FRIED. :)  Catfish, hushpuppies, the works... David and Sandra, it's a good thing you don't live in the same town as us, or I might have to move up a weight class.  Thanks so much for such a fun weekend!  I've never felt so full....and spoiled :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Sounds like a fun and "full"
week end.