.

.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Useless Knowledge

Do you ever happen to sit and think about all the random tid bits of information you've come across that are completely irrelevant.  Maybe you don't, but when you live with someone who knows everything about everything, you sometimes ask yourself the question, "Why in the world does he know that?"

My useless knowledge consists of knowing all the prepositions in the English language.  How many people can say that?...  Other than the other 129 people in my 8th grade class.. thank you Mrs. Piper.  Who would have ever thought that when it comes to diagramming sentences, knowing all the prepositions is immensely helpful!  Diagramming.. that's another one of my useless skills.  I could diagram the heck out of sentence.  Whenever we were assigned sentences to diagram for homework, even if we only had to do the odd numbers... I would do the even numbers too ;)    Unfortunately my love of word puzzles did not overlay into Math problems.  I would vomit if I ever had to see another geometry proof.. GROSS.

I wish I could be a high school teacher that just taught Civil War history, diagramming sentences, algebra (no other math needed) and readings of To Kill a Mockingbird... as if you need anything else.. I mean, all Shakespeare plays have the same plot line anyway (sarcasm).  


Doesn't it look so fun?  Especially with the Understood You...



Happy weekend! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Different things for different people.
We hope to see you all soon.

Ashley said...

i just wanted to put it out there that i am "officially" re-following your blog...it was brought to my attention that I was no longer "officially" a follower...I did not make a conscience decision to un-follow you...I am not sure how that happened, but I am glad that it is rectified :)