.

.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

M and I went to Nashville this past weekend.  We had originally planned on staying put for Easter, but the closer I get to moving (yes we're moving to Houston...post on that by MTH later), the more nostalgic I get.  It was a must to spend one last Easter in the 'Ville, with my parents and at Harpeth. 

Saturday for lunch we went to Taco Mamasitas.  Conveniently right across the street from the bakery that made my wedding cake... Dulce Desserts.  Juanita, my cake lady, was in and was so excited to see us!  It made me even more glad that we used her!  She has a replica of my cake in the window..  And she offered to make M and me a 3rd anniversary cake in our favorite flavor for FREE!  Love her

 On Saturday, M and I went to an antique store called Preservation Station off Wedgewood.  We bought an antique door that we are planning on using as a headboard in our new home.  I forgot to take a picture of the door to show.  It's currently at Mom and Dad's.  I will post pics of a before and after as soon as we move and get it done! 

M's parents were also in town for Easter.  Mom had everyone over for lunch Sunday after church


When did Buddy get taller than Ash?

The 3 "Smith" girls

After lunch on Sunday, Matthew flew to Houston to make a walk-through of our new home and be there for the home inspection.  It makes me a little lot nervous to move to a house I have never seen in person!  But I trust Matthew's opinion.  I will post pictures of our new house soon! 

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter.  What a wonderful day to celebrate that Christ is Risen! 

We will be back in Nashville this coming weekend.  Dad, Ashley, and I are running the half marathon on Saturday... Trying to remember why I thought this was a good idea :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
We are glad that you had a nice visit with your family.