.

.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Country Boys and Girl Gettin Down on the Farm"

Once we got back from the beach, I headed out to take one last "tour" if you will to see friends and family one last time.  I first headed to Memphis to see Mimi and Papaw for 2 days.  I went fully expecting to be spoiled with food ( I was... homemade chocolate pie and fudge!), and for Mimi and me to go shopping and bowling.   2 for 2. 


We tied.. cute.

This past bowling season, Mimi got an award from the league for bowling over 200!



After Memphis, I drove about 1 hr and 45 minutes to see my best friend Katie in her new hometown of Senath, MO.  (Population 1,750)  Katie lives in Senath where her husband Landon is a cotton farmer.  I've spent time on farms before, but I'd never seen anything like this! We spent the day touring the farm, going into town to eat, and taking a walk.   Katie Bug is one of the sweetest people on the planet.  It doesn't matter how long it has been since we've seen each other, we pick up right where we left off.  She is one of my biggest prayer warriors, and if I'm having a tough day, she's always one of the first people I call.  I'm not eloquent enough with words to fully explain how much Katie means to me, so I'll say it like this... God has blessed me greatly through her friendship.  I was SO glad to be able to visit her in her town.. and I CANNOT wait for Baby Small to get here!




A bale of Cotton...


Ok Mom... Look Away.

Yes, this is an assault rifle.  Yes, I did really shoot it.  And yes, it was awesome.

I also got to shoot a pistol... but I didn't take a picture.

Me, Bug, and Muddy.

Love you friend!  Thanks so much for having me! 
After I left Senath, I went to Nashville for 2 days to see my Nash friends one last time and to celebrate little Matthew's birthday and Father's Day.  Friday morning, I accidentally set my alarm too late, so I ended up rushing to get out of town so we could leave for New Orleans on time.... it ended up being a blessing in disguise, because I was too busy to cry as I was leaving my parent's house.  I said this in the car to myself on the way back... I apparently spoke too soon, because about an hour outside of Bham, I decided to listen to one of my Dad's sermons on CD....I picked the wrong one.  Unfortunately, it was a sermon on parenting and being a blessing to your children.  I won't get into details.  But let's just say that the pouring rain drenching my windshield was not the only water falling on the Sonata that day :)

Dinner with friends at where else?? Baja!

Dad's Father's Day gift.

Happy Birthday Buddy!

Bday dinner at J. Al's.





Enough time procrastinating.  Many pictures to be hung and floors to be cleaned.  Post about our trip to New Orleans soon.  Pray for Matthew as he starts his new job on Tuesday!

No comments: