.

.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

CHI-TOWN!

How to celebrate 3 years of marriage?  Well since our 20 day trip through Italy fell through :) ..Ugh, don't I wish...we met our friends in Chicago over Labor Day weekend!

My dad recently stated that my blogs tend to almost always be about food.  I don't really know what that makes me....food obsessed, food snob, lover of all things tasty??  But I would like to point out that there is a reason I am this way, and I think my father played a part. 

So...to preface.  This blog may contain a food theme.


Friday night Matthew and I flew in to Midway and took a shuttle to our hotel for the night.  The Palmer House Hilton.  It was REALLY nice.  And we Pricelined it for like 90 bucks!  We then hurried to get ready and took a cab to the Second City.  It is a comedy club/venue that is fairly famous in the comedy scene.  Stars such as Dan Akroyd, John Belushi, Chris Farley, Steve Carell, Tina Fey, etc... all got their starts in the business there.  The show was absolutely hilarious.  So glad that we went, even though it meant staying up until after 1...after we'd been up since 5:30am!


Saturday we met our friends who had arrived late Friday night at their hotel.  Yes, we stayed at 3 different hotels every night we were there.  We spent the day shopping and eating...


Sears Tower...Although it has a different name now.  Can't remember.

Giordanos Pizza.  We had been told that if you want Chicago style pizza this was the place to go.  So So good.

Lawry's Saturday night for dinner.  Yes, it is where the seasoning salt came from.  Although more famously known in the Smith household as a really good seasoning for popcorn!

Prime Rib so good that you've gotta pick it up..
Sunday we spent most of the day at Navy Pier...



This is how thrilled M was to be riding the ferris wheel...not too fun for someone with a fear of open heights!




A lady we met in Nordstrom's Rack told us that we needed to check out a mural a couple of blocks away.  Unfortunately we enjoyed it in a different way that I don't think she had in mind....



The Bean


Sunday night for dinner M and I went to this Italian place for our official anniversary dinner.  Some of the best homemade pasta I have EVER had.  I would definitely go back to this place. 

Chocolate cake for 1 please!

M's cannolis. 

Such a great trip with fun friends.  We had a blast!  We definitely need to do this more often...  Miss you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Sounds and loks like a nice weekend. We hope to see you all on Oct. 1, 2011.