.

.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mom and Dad's Visit!

Last week my parents made their first visit to Houston!  I was SO excited, especially since I hadn't seen them since June.  Unfortunately due to weather and the very seldom idiocy of Southwest Airlines, their flight didn't make it in until almost 10pm Wednesday night.  Thankfully, my mother made it in one piece..bless her little phobic heart.  We brought them home and immediately all went to bed, M and I had to work the next day.

Thursday, I put on the charm, and somehow convinced my boss that it would be a good idea for me to be off on Friday.  How awesome is that?  So instead of working all day Friday, I was free to hit up the Galleria with Mom and Dad!  The only stipulation was that I had to stay late to finish up a case , but staying an extra 2.5 hours, totally worth it.  After work, we met Mom and Dad at Pappadeaux, one of Mom and Dad's favorite Atlanta restaurants, that was actually started in Houston, along with Pappacitos, Pappa's BBQ, Pappa's Burger, etc...  Pappadeaux has some of the best fried seafood around, even though it is a chain.

Friday while M was at work, I drove Mom and Dad into town and took them to the Galleria.  Dad spent most of the afternoon reading on a couch in the mall, while Mom and I went shopping.  We ate lunch at the mall at a local place called The Daily Grill.  I won on best entree.  The waiter convinced me to get their signature chicken pot pie, and it had the flakiest/best crust I've ever tasted.

How cute are they?!

Doesn't it make you just want to dive right in?

Friday night we stayed in/cooked dinner and preceded to watch one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  DO NOT see The American with George Clooney.  It was boring.  So boring that every 5 minutes or so, someone would mention just how bad it was (Mom or me) while others (Dad or M) would say, "Well maybe it's about to get better"....it never got better. 

Saturday we drove them to Sugar Land to show them where we go to church, went furniture looking, and then went back home to watch some college football before lunch.  We took them to a local place in Pearland called Lupe Tortilla.  We had eaten there before, but this time it was 10 x's better.  Mom even said that they had the best tamale she had ever eaten...and Mom is extremely picky about her tamales.  Sadly, after lunch, we had to take them to the airport to catch their flight :(


Someone was SO glad to see her Honey and Pops. 


It was so much fun having my parents here!  Only hope next time the whole family gets to come!  Come back soon... Don't let the airways scare you away!

Love my family!  And no, we didn't purposefully leave M out of the pictures...Mom has them on her camera... so in 10 years when she finally figures out how to upload them to her computer, we will finally get to see them. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
We are glad that you had a very nice visit with your parents. Sounds and looks like you all had fun.

Kristen said...

Dear Matthew, If you are only going to blog once a year, it should probably be on your wife's birthday so it doesn't look like she married a chump....you know since she always writes nice blogs for you on your birthday. Love, Your favorite sister-in-law (on the Hardison side....for a few more days) :)