.

.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Benj and Morgan's Wedding Weekend!

Sorry for my blogging hiatus.. I had almost forgotten that I hadn't updated in a while...a blissful ignorance, until my lovely sister-in-law burst my bubble and reminded me that I had been neglectful!  My apologies for the 5 of you who actually read this consistently :)

2 weekends ago, my favorite little bro-in-law got hitched to the beautiful Morgan Philley in gorgeous Oxford, MS.  It felt incredible being back in the South after 4 LONG months.  M and I attempted to get to Memphis on Thursday night, but unfortunately after months of no rain, the universe decided it would be a perfect night to storm.  After being delayed, we had the WORST flight out...I was convinced that the only way I was making it off that airplane was in a body bag, seriously.  After the turbulence, I had to sheepishly ask the flight attendant for a bag in case I were to get sick...the man in the next seat over was laughing hysterically at me.  We finally made it to Atlanta, missed our connection, so then spent 5 hours attempting to sleep in a hotel near the airport :)  Nonetheless, we made it to Memphis early Friday morning to the delight of my grandparents!  Mom and Dad made it in time for lunch, so that I could finally suppress my craving for Memphis BBQ...the best BBQ in the South.  Afterwards we made the short drive to Oxford to catch up with the Hardison clan at the Bed and Breakfast where the wedding was located....gorgeous!  Guess who was there?  Our favorite little boy, Sam!!
Mimi and Papaw
Friday night they had the rehearsal, and then we headed to Oxford Church of Christ for the rehearsal dinner.  They have a beautiful room there that used to be the old auditorium that had beautiful stained glass windows and dark wood beams.  David and Sandra had gotten a local restaurant to cater the event, and the food was to DIE for.  Let's be honest, a lot of times, food at rehearsal dinners just isn't that fantastic when it's cooked in bulk, but this was some of the best food I had ever had at one...went back for seconds!  Thankfully it was an early night, and I was in bed by 9:30 :)


I'm a Sweet Boy!





Saturday, Sandra, Kristen and I drove to Pope, MS to attend a bridesmaids brunch with Morgan and her bridesmaids/family while the boys were at breakfast.  Again...the food was INCREDIBLE.  I was the 1st to go back for round 2...Kristen followed my lead..no shame here.  I'm a sucker for any good breakfast casserole.  After the brunch, we headed back to Castle Hill (the B&B) and M and I went with my parents to stroll through downtown Oxford.  Coolest small Southern town...it had been years since I had been there, but I definitely didn't remember it being so cute.  There were TONS of neat boutiques, and plenty of Mom and Pop bookstores for M and Dad to peruse through.  We ate lunch at a local meat and three, Ajax Diner.

We got back in from downtown around 2, so that Matthew could get ready for pictures.  I walked in the front door and ran right into Morgan already dressed in her BEAUTIFUL gown.  She was breathtaking!  The ceremony started at 5...it was short and very sweet (thanks both to David and my Dad), and then the party started.  They had a terrific band, incredible food, some of the prettiest wedding flowers I've ever seen, at the most perfect location.  All in all, the wedding was a hit, and at the end of the day, we could not be happier for the new Mr. and Mrs. Hardison!  So thankful for a new sister-in-law to join the fold...already have 1 great one..why not add another!? 

Beautiful venue, right?




Love my sweet husband.







Our favorite Columbia, TN residents, Grandma Eva and Grand Daddy Wayne.



We love you Benj and Morgan.  We are so excited for you both...hopefully we will see you soon, maybe Christmas?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for the pictures of the wedding. Lots of happy memories from that week end.