.

.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pregnancy Update

If I ever needed affirmation to the fact that M and I are COMPLETELY clueless about becoming parents, going to register was just what I needed to send me overboard.  It's enough to make you go from feeling anxious to inadequate in about 0.5 sec.  Now, I blame part of this on the baby industry.  There is NO reason to have so many different types of bottles and pacifiers, what's wrong with just a few?  

M and I spent the better part of 3 hours at Babies R Us wading through baby gear with our handy book in tow... Thank you J and K..without it, we would've been even more lost.  Thanks to friends who have suffered countless calls and texts from me, I feel semi-confident that we have registered for most of the "must-have" items before Avery Grace gets here.  Wish I could say the same thing about her nursery....

Let's just say that Andrea is a little lot indecisive when it comes to outfitting Avery's room.  I have this wonderful picture in my head of what I want it to look like...it's just actually putting it all together.  I wish I had a decorator on speed dial to do it all for me.  We went to one baby boutique in town, and within minutes of looking at fabric swatches, I was feeling completely overwhelmed.  Had to save it for another day!  Thankfully, I'm going to Nashville this weekend, and hopefully Mom and I will be able to get some things done.  Also, after having a mini freakout on the phone with Mom a while back, she and Ash are going to come down in February to help me even more!  And celebrate Mom's bday while we're at it!

25 weeks yesterday!  Getting very close to the 3rd trimester!  Today at my doctor's appointment, he said, "Ok, I will see you in 3 weeks, and then we will be switching to every 2 weeks".  WHAT!?  Has it really gone by that fast.  Energy level has come back up in the last 2 weeks...yesterday after work I not only went to the gym, but did laundry, washed dishes, and cleaned bathrooms when I got home...I used to barely be able to do all that pre-pregnancy after a long day at work!  Unfortunately, my back hasn't fared as well as my energy level, but since I've been sleeping with a snoogle (big body pillow) it's been a lot better.   M hasn't complained once about having a monstrous pillow taking up a foot of space at night...bless his heart. 

Other than that, we are counting down the days until Avery's arrival!  Just not too soon baby girl, your mom needs to at least get you a crib first!

24 weeks
25 weeks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager og Happy Acres Farm
Decisions!!! Life is full of Many decisions. One by one you (both of you) will find the answers.
We believe in you, God will help you.