.

.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

4 Years

4 Years of Marriage.  1461 Days.  35063 hours.  The best 2,102,400 minutes of my life.  This morning I woke up and thought of what I was doing on this particular morning 4 years ago... went to the gym, ate my dad's homemade waffles, relaxed a bit before heading to the church... But as good as that morning was, crawling into bed early this morning with Avery and Matthew is pretty hard to beat.

Matthew, I know our life used to consist of upscale food, sleeping late, impromptu trips and late nights out with friends.  It definitely looks a little different now that it's filled with diapers, burp cloths, and let's be honest, more baby clothes than Avery will ever wear.  As I watched you talking to our daughter this morning before you left for work, I was reminded of why I married you.  Besides being ambitious, handsome, intelligent, God-fearing, and outrageously funny, you have the biggest heart.  I love you Matthew.  Happy Anniversary!

September 6, 2008
Year 1- Headed to Flemings to celebrate! House sitting at Ed and Shawn's.  Our wedding cake topper tasted just as good as it did the day of the wedding!
Year 2- Cooked a fabulous dinner at "home".  House sitting again at Ed and Shawn's! Had just gotten back from our anniversary cruise.
Year 3- Spent a fabulous weekend with friends in Chicago.  Went to dinner just the two of us our last night there.  But the best anniversary gift ever that year... finding out we were expecting a few days before!
And today... A brief lunch out.  With an infant.. gotta improvise!


No comments: