.

.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Recent Notes on Life

1.  I am officially obsessed with Pinterest.  I know, I'm like a year late.  I'm never on time with these things.... I still don't really understand Twitter.  I have been using it like crazy lately to stock up on healthy recipes (rest of this baby weight has GOT to go), get ideas for Avery's first birthday party (it's going to be awesome!), and figure out fun/cute/educational ways to keep Avery preoccupied as she gets older. 
This is what I am making tonight.  Quinoa Mac n' Cheese.  I'll let you know how it goes :)

2.  Avery took her first plane ride recently.  She was a trooper on the way there.  I fed her as the plane was taking off, and she was asleep within the first 10 minutes.  She slept for about half the time, and was in a fantastic mood the rest of the flight.  When we got to the baggage claim, everyone kept commenting on how great she did, how cute she was, etc...  Way to go Aves.  The way home however, completely different story.  She did great until the last 30 minutes when she expressed her disdain quite vociferously.  Screaming...bloody murder.  Who could blame her?  It was her bedtime, pretty sure her little ears were hurting, and it became evident when we got home that her tummy was UPSET... We apologized profusely to everyone around us saying "I know people say this all the time about their kids, but she is really NEVER like this."  Thankfully, everyone was so understanding.


Avery in her beautiful French hand sewn gown that Honey got made for her for Andrew and Keela's wedding.  So beautiful.

Love my fam.  Gigantic fail for me.  I didn't take a single pic of the bride and groom.  But Keela looked gorgeous!

3.  Our Sam's Club just opened up right around the corner from the house.  I cannot contain my excitement.  Although, while it is not Costco, it is so close.  We went to the Grand Opening last night and were pretty much enthralled.  Apparently, so was the rest of Pearland; the place was packed.  Not gonna lie, I went back today with Avery just to get a Polish dog for lunch.  Unfortunately, I forgot that they do not take Visa Credit Card...that's all I had on me, that and a check.  It was $1.84.  I said to the lady, "It would be stupid to pay for a hot dog with a check, right?"  She just sort of stared at me...  So, I scavenged my purse for change...$1.71.  Really?!  I sat down stressed and contemplated my options... leave without my hot dog (really didn't like this option), go back out to the car and look for change (but I had Avery, and I had parked far away), or call Matthew simply to express my disgust.  Option 3 it was.  Apparently a good Samaritan overheard my phone conversation, and as I was getting off the phone handed me $1.  That hot dog was so worth it. 

4.  Pretty sure Avery is teething.  She has been fussy this week, which is not really normal for her, chomping on her paci like crazy, and drooling all over the place.  On top of that, she has recently started to think that 4AM is an appropriate wake up time.  Not so much. 

5.  Starting solids with Aves is going well.  We switched her from rice cereal to oatmeal, we think the rice was giving her tummy aches.  This girl LOVES to eat.  I will have to post a video at some point.


6.  I turned 26 this week.  Yuck... That's all I have to say about that.

7.  Avery is still the prettiest baby girl on the planet!

I mean.. am I wrong?

Happy Friday!  Apollo 13 is on.. Preceded by You've Got Mail...Enough reason for it to be a good day for me :)


No comments: