.

.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Notes on being a Stay at Home Mom and Wife

I'm halfway through my 3rd month of staying home with Avery full-time, and I got to say that I never thought I would love being a stay at home Mommy this much.  There are certain things I have learned about being a housewife that though I may have known before, I have become even more acquainted with these particular things.... I call this:

Things I Have REALLY Learned Since Becoming a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom)

1.  Laundry- It is pretty much endless.  I remember the days when I would do 3 or so loads a week (it was nice that I always wore scrubs at work that the hospital washed for me!).  Just when I think I have emptied my hamper, Avery has dozens more clothes/sheets/burp cloths, etc... that need to be washed.  I can't imagine what it will be like with teenagers.  Gain and Dreft are the only way to go.  I experimented with other detergents after I first got married, but with a baby, you don't mess around.  Also.. You can never have enough spray and wash.

2.  Grocery- The best time to go to the grocery store is either on a Monday or Tuesday morning between the hours of 10-11.  Also, other random tips about traveling to the store with a baby:  1.  There is no such thing as a "quick trip" to the store.  2. ALWAYS, and I mean always go to the restroom before you leave home.  It's a disaster trying to figure out what to do with your refrigerated/frozen items/your cart albeit your BABY when you all of a sudden need to go in the middle of the store.  3.  Self-check out is for the birds.  There's a reason they have nice cashiers and baggers...

3.  Vacuums scare babies.

4.  High quality 5 star meals have gone by the way-side.  Let the real chefs handle those and splurge on a $150 meal on a nice night out every once in a while instead of drowning in a sea of ingredients while your kitchen becomes even messier than before :)  There is this thing called a crock-pot..USE IT!

5.  After all the laundry, shopping, dusting, mopping, sweeping, organizing and cooking have been done... There is always something else to do.  Just keep it on repeat.

6.  For me, remember that first and foremost the reason you are staying home is to care for your child.  Put the broom down and spend a few extra minutes playing/rocking/ :)  Speaking of.. duty calls.  Aves is up from her nap!

Happy Monday!

No comments: