.

.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Houston Visitors

A couple weeks back M's parents came to visit us for the last time ever in Houston!  Hooray for our impending move!  Sandra arrived Wednesday night, and due to a network emergency at UK, David was not able to arrive until Thursday... only 16 hours later than originally planned!

Thursday, Mimi and Papa were more than gracious and agreed to watch Avery for the day so I could work!  I LOVE staying home, don't get me wrong, I feel so very blessed. But it is nice to be able to work at least 1 day a week, not only for the money, but so Mommy can get some adult conversation... I'll even take a surgeon yelling at me every now and again :)



Friday, we drove down to the Med Center to meet M for lunch at Central Market... Man, am I going to miss that place.  While I was pregnant with Avery, I CRAVED Birmingham restaurants (Milo's, Newks, Davenports, Fon Fon). I told M that in my next pregnancy, I'm sure I will crave Central Market.  Friday afternoon we took Aves to the park and chilled out at home until M got off work.  Well 3 out of the 4 of us relaxed.  David tackled the headboard that was bolted to our master bedroom wall :)

Friday night, M and I were able to steal away for a much needed date night.  We were only gone for about 2.5 hours or so, but we were able to enjoy a nice dinner without having to watch after an 11 month old.  Life's little luxuries.  We hadn't eaten like that since before Avery was born.... Escargot, cheese plate, duck... I'm salivating.

Date Night!
Saturday we took them to our favorite Mexican place, Lupe Tortilla.  That afternoon, we took Avery to the zoo.  The Houston Zoo is fantastic.  I have thoroughly enjoyed every time I have taken Avery there.  Can't wait to get a Birmingham zoo membership, so Avery and I can go more often.


Don't be fooled.  As much as she loved the carousel the first time, she despised it this time.  She spent the whole ride with her head buried into M's neck.  

My sweet girl




Sunday was church, lunch and goodbyes.  Thanks Mimi and Papa for coming all this way to see us!  It won't be long until we will no longer be a plane ride away from family and friends.  CAN'T. WAIT!


No comments: