.

.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend


This past weekend we celebrated Easter in Birmingham with family and friends.  We were in town to house hunt (it deserves it's own post), so it was convenient that we were "home"!

Wednesday I flew into Nashville with Avery for a few days.  The plan was that on Friday I would ride down to Birmingham with Kristen and the boys, while my Mom and Dad watched Avery Friday night into Saturday so that M and I could house hunt without having to plan around Avery's schedule.  It was the first night I had spent away from little Nug, and although I did tear up a little when I left, I did a lot better than I expected.  A little disappointed that I didn't sleep in at all.  I guess my body is trained to wake up early no matter what :)  SO thankful to my parents for taking care of Aves for the night. I didn't worry one bit... and I'm pretty sure she didn't miss us at all.

Avery enthralled with Granddaddy
The best I could get of these two
Nug's Easter basket from Honey and Granddaddy.
She was thrilled :)

M had meetings with his new job (another post for later!) all day Thursday in Birmingham, and then on Friday we spent the afternoon looking at houses.  Which is super fun... and stressful... and confusing!  Friday night we stayed in at Ed and Shawn's and had a 5 star dinner cooked by none other than our favorite chef Shawn.

Saturday we looked at a few more houses, and then met Mom and Dad at the state line to collect Nug.  We spent the evening dropping by J and K's to see Sam and Will, and had dinner with our good friends Holly Beth and Blake, Drew and Katie and the kiddos, and Katie over at the Harris home.

Sunday we celebrated Easter worshiping with our Homewood family, ate lunch with J and K, lazied around at Ed and Shawn's that afternoon and caught out flight back home that evening.  Great day celebrating that Jesus is Risen!  Great weekend back home with the fam and good friends.  A couple more months here in Houston until we are back in the Magic City!

First Easter!
Cousin Love



Monday after we were home, we finally did Avery's Easter basket from the Easter bunny.  He left it on the step while we were gone ;)  I had to put Avery back into her Easter dress for the pics!



She was a litte more excited this time around.

Love her.


No comments: