.

.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Avery's First Birthday Party- "April Showers Bring May Flowers"


We celebrated our little Nug's 1st birthday this past weekend at Honey and Granddaddy's house in Nashville.  I had been in party planning mode for months... and I mean months!  I am not generally a very creative person.  I don't just come up with ideas at the drop of a hat, so I knew I needed time to do it right!  As far as the theme... our precious Aves was born in May, and I wanted something feminine and sweet, so "April Showers Bring May Flowers" seemed to be perfect!

Menu:  Beef and Blue Cheese Sandwiches, Chicken and Biscuits (with my Mom's homemade biscuits!), turkey and cheese sandwiches for the kids, Southwestern Spinach Dip, French Onion Dip, Chips, Rainbow Fruit, Cloud Cream, and Cupcakes!

It was a wonderful party.  So many close friends and family came to celebrate our sweet baby girl with us.  Thank you to all of our precious friends for taking the time out of your Saturday to come.  Thanks for family members who drove a long way to be there.  And a HUGE thanks to my parents for hosting, my dad for cleaning up the yard and restoring our old swing set for Avery to use, Ashley for running countless errands, little Matthew for being my craft slave for 2 days, big Matthew for helping me plan all of this out for months, and my Mom for planning, cooking, cleaning, catering, etc....  I owe you BIG time! I cannot believe our baby girl will be 1 tomorrow!







Our party favors were homemade "Cloud Cookies" :)



The place mats were handmade to look like flowers... Don't ask me how long it took me to make 35 of them.  Let's just say next year it will be a little more low key ;)


"Rose Garden Cupcakes" made by our favorite Brooke O'Dell..

Smash Cake.. Not much smashing involved unfortunately.











She was not too sure about it.  Didn't like it at all.  Totally surprised us considering there isn't anything this child won't eat!

Thanks to the Hardison fam for coming from KY and AL for the party!  We missed you Benj!

Best friends since middle school.  All of us have girls!



No comments: