.

.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Even though this was technically my second Mother's Day, it really felt like my first considering last year Avery was 5 days old, and I was a deer in the headlights!  We had a wonderful day as a family of 3, spending time in worship together, eating out for lunch, taking naps :)  As an aside: living here in Houston has been challenging at times with no family around, especially when we need a babysitter every now and again, but being 700 miles away from the closest family has really made us cherish our time as our own little family. And I can honestly say I wouldn't have changed this past year for anything... That being said, we are SO glad we will be closer to family in 1 week!

Our joint Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts to one another was going to The Killers concert this week!  IT. WAS. AWESOME!  It's rare that I go to a concert where I know every word to every song, but I can definitely say that applies here.  Usually at a concert there is a song or two that you don't truly care about, where you want to sit down, etc... Not the case here.  M and I have been saying all week that we hope they add a tour date in Atlanta for later in the summer, we will definitely pay to go again!


Brandon Flowers... M and I both have musical crushes on you!

Here are the pictures from actual Mother's Day.  Feel so blessed to be this baby girl's Mommy!






The card says it all...
At least he makes me laugh! :)





















Also, M surprised me with a new Kindle Fire that will be coming in the mail at the end of this week.  I literally think we might be the last people I know that don't have a tablet of some kind.  I'm very excited!  And it will allow Avery and me to talk to Daddy whenever we are apart!

Pumped!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all Moms, to those who have lost their Mothers, women who are surrogate Mother's, husbands who support their wives to be great Moms, and those who one day hope to be Mothers!

No comments: