.

.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Food Tour of Lexington

A few weekends ago Matthew, Avery and I drove up to Lexington to spend the weekend with M's parents.  David and Sandra are most likely moving sometime in the next 6 months, so we wanted to make sure and get 1 more full weekend in Blue Grass Country.  Will be so sad to not get to go up anymore, at least with any frequency.  Although, I will not miss the 6 hour drive with a toddler ;)

David and Sandra graciously told us that they would love to take us out to several Lexington "foodie" type places.  We were more than happy to oblige.  I'm sure they were ready to have us leave after eating out with a toddler at every single meal :)  I think my favorite restaurant from the weekend was The Windy Corner, a local sandwich type place that is surrounded by beautiful horse farms.  But every place we went was really, really good.  Lex town has some great restaurants.

Saturday night, David gave M and me their tickets to the UK/Florida game.  Despite the heartbreaking, and I mean, absolutely gut-wrenching loss, it was the most fun I have ever had in Rupp.  The crowd was so incredibly loud... if only we had pulled it out, it would have been magical.  Go Big Blue anyway, despite out loss x2 to Arkansas last night.  Can't be #1 every year I guess....;)

Here are the pics from the weekend:









Nerlens.


No comments: