.

.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Snow Days Part 2 and a Belated Valentine's Day

We got snow again in Birmingham last week.  Not just an inch or two, but enough to make a decent sized snowman.  Something M and I took advantage of after Avery had gone to bed.  It probably snowed 4 to 4.5 inches within a few hours.  I really hadn't seen that much snow in years, and I gotta say, it was beautiful.  Especially because I was able to watch it from the safety and warmth of my own home with M home.  Avery still didn't really know what to think about it.  I was kicking myself for not having gotten her a snowsuit for this winter.  I just assumed there would be no way she would need it.







We celebrated a belated Valentine's dinner at the one and only Highland's Bar and Grill this past Tuesday night.  Thanks to Uncle Geoff and Aunt Mollie for offering to babysit without even being asked.  We have awesome friends.  M and I left fat and happy after a dinner of their famous seafood fry for appetizer, lamb and veal, plus coconut creme brulee.  Both times we have eaten there, I have told M, "One of these days when our kids are out of the house, I hope we are regulars  here, and the maitre d' knows us by name". ;)  We just love food.  We love it so much that embarrassingly enough as we were enjoying this meal we spoke for a good 5 minutes about another incredible meal we had in New Orleans with friends THREE years ago.




Happy Weekend!  Post soon about our trip to Lexington last weekend.

No comments: