.

.

Friday, February 13, 2009

"How much is that doggy in the window?"

If you know me or my husband you would know that we are dog lovers. For the duration of our engagement, I begged Matthew on an almost daily basis for a puppy... My reasoning was that I was moving to a new town where I knew no one but J and K, and I wanted my own furry little friend for a companion.


Fast forward to November. Matthew finally caved, and we put a deposit down on a pocket beagle puppy who would be ready to come home with us right after Thanksgiving...



(for those of you who don't know, this is what she would have looked like)

(or this)


But, of course I'm an idiot and I was the one who ruined it and told Matthew it would not be smart of us to get a puppy right before Christmas, when we would be out of town a lot, and right before I started nursing school. I was right...but I really wish I wasn't. How can you say no to that face?

Another dilemma is that my parents just got a new puppy in July, and we (but especially Matthew) LOVE her! She is a free spirit and definitely has a mind of her own. We are afraid that if we got a puppy now we would compare her to Macy. What if we didn't like ours as much as her?!



(This is Macy right after we first got her! So cute!)


So, here we are in February and I want a puppy again. I never said I wasn't indecisive! My good friend in nursing school says that she is totally supportive of us getting a puppy or having a baby....Since the latter is not happening anytime soon, I could definitely go for a dog!


(This is the one I have fallen in love with at the Birmingham Humane Society, her name is Anna, but I think having a lab in a apartment is not the best idea!)


I keep telling Matthew I wish I had a dog to go running with...but until then, I guess he will just have to be my running partner instead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Macy is a free spirit? That is a kind way of saying most of the time you want to pinch her head off. She is recovering nicely from her trip to the vet.
See you Friday.
Mom and Dad (the Nashville ones)

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for updated blog.
No advice about dog - your decision. They can be rather expensive. We hope nursing school is going well.

Laura K. said...

i am cracking up. so many comments.
a- matt DOES LOOOOVE macy.
2- i did too and i like how you say how cute she was and use the picture closest to birth (they just get less cute with growth...)
tercero- i'm proud of you for thinking it through before christmas (though part of me thought you guys had HIDDEN the fact that oyu had a dog for FOUR MONTHS!)
finally-of COURSE you want a dog. but i think you have my blessing?!
who AM i?!
ps- way for the padres smith to chime in on the blog!!!! i'm proud.
;)