.

.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Nursing Update


I'm almost halfway done...with my first semester that is. I'm at least halfway done with clinical, which in my opinion is the biggest accomplishment. Tuesday was prep day for clinical week, which is where I go to the hospital to get information on my patient, meet my patient, etc... Most weeks my instructor has assigned our patients to us, which is sort of what she did this week, except when it came around to me. She told me I had three patients to choose from, all with different diagnoses. Another girl in my group asked my instructor why I got to choose which patient I wanted, and Dr. J answered, "Because I like her". I was beaming! Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things, but I was just glad to know that she thinks I have been doing a good job.


Wednesday was my first day to administer medications. Unfortunately, my patient only had one shot (sub-Q), the rest of his medications were by mouth (PO) or an IV med, which we are not allowed to give yet. Regardless, giving meds definitely made the day go faster, which is always a blessing! My patient was a really nice person this time around. I really enjoyed talking with him. I would go into more specifics, but rules are rules.


I have my third test this Monday. Hopefully all will go well.


The picture above is my "student" picture so the professors can remember my name. Big difference from my professors at Lipscomb knowing my name already b/c of my dad/sister/mom/husband! But a nice change to be under the radar a little!


P.S. I don't need anyone to point out that I blog more now than when I did before I was in school...I promise I study:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for your two recent blogs. We always enjoy hearing from both of yoy.

Anonymous said...

Lex Fam - Great blog. I notice you've has to do two in a row,,,, Excited about seeing you soon... Comments about the gown were .........informative.