.

.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The New Year

Well, like my beautiful, eventual-to-be nurse wife said, it is, and has been my turn to blog for some time now. I will try to do a brief synopsis of our first married Christmas, and then catch you up on events other than nursing school.

On the first married Christmas my true love gave to me...
The Dark Knight on DVD, and a new part to a controller for our Wii. For those of you who don't know, the Dark Knight is easily in my top three movies of all time which is something quite impressive considering it has neither Tom Hanks or Bob Hope in it. So needless to say I was thrilled when I opened the packages on our Christmas night (which was Dec. 17, if my memory serves correctly). I gave Ann a set of Christmas china from Macy's that was meant to be representative of whatever Christmas china pattern she decided to go with. Unfortunately my plans to take her to Macy's and have her pick out her own set were slightly derailed by a set of impromptu doctor's visit that week, culminating in an endoscopy at 6 am Friday the 19th when we were planning on going up to Nashville for my family's christmas that night. Long story short - it turns out that Ann has pretty bad acid reflux disease that was making her feel queasy and just not well so we got her some medication for that and things have significantly improved since then.

Christmas in Dixie...
Christmas was great this year being married, we got to see so much more of each other than last year, even with Ann being in two weddings on back to back saturdays and dealing with all of the lead-up events that go with nuptials these days. We had a great time with my family the weekend before christmas and rocked the brother/sister/mama/papa bear shirts for the umpteenth year in a row. I mean it wouldn't be Christmas without old red sweatsuits with puff-paint letters on them right? We had a bountiful haul the next morning where Ann got textbooks and a stethascope and I got a brand new suit (all of which we desperately needed!) Andrea and I then translocated to her parents house where we stayed prettty much the rest of the time. Normally we would have gone up to Lexington some to spend some time but my parents were down in Nashville/Columbia most of the time and with the multiple wedding to get to unfortunately we were not able to go. On the 24th, our third Christmas eve, we went to the candle light service at Harpeth Hills and then to the dinner at the home of one of the elders there for a big meal. I had the fun of experiencing a glimpse of what fatherhood was going to be like without any of the pesky things like actully having a kid yet when I helped Chris set up Little Matthew's electric piano that night. The next morning was again a banner day when Ann got a new purse, a North Face jacket, and I recieved Rock Band 2 for Wii the new Killers cd! Much of the next two weeks was a blur between more family gatherings, either in Columbia or Memphis, and pre-wedding activities. We were lucky enough to be able to spend some time with our friends Heather and Russ Clendenin in Memphis who for obvious distance reasons we do not get to see that often. We spent New Years Eve with The Joneses, The Hasselbrings, and The Allens, we went out to eat at Rafferty's and then went back to Adam and KB's apartment to hang out and play Wii and just have a good time.

Well, this post still only brings us up to the beginning of the year and it is already pretty verbose so I will end it now and attempt to bring us up to date in the next day or two with another epistle. Thanks to all for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank for your new post on your blog. I try to check every night.
Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading about the holidays. I learned some things about I did not know. Keep up the bloggin'. :)