.

.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Now baby I hear the blues are calling, tossed salad and scrambled eggs"

So avid readers of this blog should know that Frasier is our favorite show. What we haven't told you is that as our relationship (mine and Matthew's) grew, so did my love for Frasier and Niles Crane. Matthew grew up watching this show a lot, maybe because J and M share some commonalities with the Crane boys. I, however, never knew about this TV gem until my parents started watching it, and I made fun of them for liking such a weird show. Little did I know...
Italic
Matthew and I started watching Season 1 almost since Day 1 of our relationship. Whenever he was in Nashville, we would watch a couple of episodes, and every time I went to Bham I brought the DVD's with me. A lot of Saturday afternoons were spent having picnics in front of the TV and taking a half hour trip to Cafe Nervosa in rainy Seattle.

We finished the series a couple of weeks after we were married, and it felt like we had closed a chapter of our lives by losing our friends in the Crane clan. It will always evoke special memories for the two of us.

While there are several clips/episodes that are our favorites, unfortunately Youtube does not have most of them. However, we were able to find one of the classic Frasier moments.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A classic! Thanks for providing a great laugh for both of us this morning. We were both doubled over laughing at this clip. :) Have a great day. Dad and Mom H

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for your blog.
We do not understand the title.
We are so not up to date.

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog..Dad and I laughed so hard. Thanks for making our day! Frasier will never get old!!

Love, Mom