.

.

Monday, August 17, 2009

PCB 09


I promised a post about the beach...I forgot, but I was "gently" reminded by my father that I hadn't fulfilled my promise. I will allow the week to be recapped by photos. Cause, at the beach, things are just blissfully boring.

I will say that I was tickled pink at the prospect of being able to read anything I wanted for pleasure as opposed to school. My favorite book of the week was Mockingbird, which is a biography of Harper Lee. If you know me, you know that To Kill a Mockingbird is my all-time favorite book, so I was excited about reading this biography. If you love her novel, I think you will like this book about her. It turns out that the novel was loosely based on her own childhood, and the character of Atticus Finch was modeled after her own father. She is a very interesting character to say the least, and I must confess that I thought she was dead until I read this book about her! Before you judge me, know that she has shyed away from the limelight pretty much since her book was published in 1960. I loved learning more about the woman who gave us such a compelling story of tolerance and justice with the moral lesson that "you will never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it".



We celebrated Matthew's birthday while we were there!



Little Buddy just started at David Lipscomb and he looked so cute in his uniform so I had to put up a picture!

I will leave you with the last line of the book that still gives me chill bumps when I read it... " He would be there all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning"

Happy Monday to all! 3rd semester starts tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for the blog about the beach. We enjoy your pictures.
We hope you will visit us soon,