.

.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Today is my dad's birthday. I will be nice and not divulge his age, but only give you these clues: he was a child of the 1960's, a teenager of the "glorious 70's", and he was born in 1957...woops, sorry Dad.

I firmly believe that I have the best dad in the entire world. I mean could anyone else's dad make a game out of how long a box of toothpaste from Costco would last? I think not... not to mention that my dad's white chili makes other people's homemade chili taste like it came straight from the can. No offense, my dad's is just that good.

But in all seriousness.

Daddy, I am so blessed to be your daughter. You have been my hero since day 1. You taught me how to live a life pleasing to God through your example, you taught me how important it is to work hard/ complain less, you taught me to own up to my mistakes and not make excuses, and you taught me to think for myself and be my own person.

There's something about dad's and daughters that's special. It must make it worth it, because we sure do cost a lot. But Dad, let's be honest, you kind of had it easy. Neither Ashley and I were girly girls, we had more sports equipment that dolls, we hated dressing up, and to this day I would rather listen to someone scratch their nails against a chalkboard than go shopping.


I think it's no coincidence that I married a man who reminds me of you in almost every way. I love you Dad! Happy Birthday.

p.s. No, I am not sucking up...I do not need money :)
We have been pretty big buds since birth... my birth that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

What a sweet blog..I agree..you do have the best daddy in the world. I am so thankful to have married a godly man that my girls and son adores. We are blessed. I love you, Mom