.

.

Monday, January 4, 2010

2010... Let It Begin!

I know, I know. I have been a blog slacker. It's so much easier to blog when I have exams and projects due. I promise I will post pictures from the holidays... at some point. But I need to unwind from our 17 day jaunt around the South in order to gear up to upload the massive amounts of pictures to the computer. As a reader, I would fully expect a recap in pictures, as opposed to a play by play of Xmas festivities. Cause, let's be honest, unless your family, you could care less about every detail of the last 2 weeks :)

We rang in the New Year by eating at Cheddars with the Allens, Joneses, and Hasselbrings. We went back to the Blake and Julie's place to play Wii and other games while waiting on the ball to drop... and we somehow ended up missing it completely. I was a complete failure and forgot to take a single picture. I'll do better next time.

While I contemplate the fact that we are now in a new decade, I look back at the 2000's... and I gotta say, now that it's all said and done...it was a pretty good 10 year stretch for me. Here are the events that transpired in the 00's: I started high school (and loved it), graduated high school and then made the 50 foot walk across the lawn to attend college, pledged, made some pretty amazing friends, spent the best summer of my college career on Quest Team, officially met my husband in '06, started dating my husband in '07, watched my best friend get married, decided I didn't want to go to PT school, got engaged Dec. 26, 2007, graduated college, got married Sept. 6, 2008, moved to Birmingham, got accepted into nursing school, started nursing school, and got our sweet Lexi pup in April of 2009.

Here is what I'm hoping the 2010's will bring: buying our first house, bringing home our 1st, 2nd, insert number, baby home, turning 30 for both of us!, getting an advanced nursing degree (whatever that may be), and hopefully finally settling down somewhere to raise a family...

But before we jump ahead 10 years, I'm much more intriqued as to what this year will bring. Most definitely graduation for both of us, becoming an aunt and uncle for the first time courtesy of J and K! (who can't wait to see how cute Baby H is gonna be!), starting big girl and big boy jobs and becoming Dinks (Double Income No Kids!), finally moving out of our pocket-sized 1 bedroom apartment, and deciding where we will be once it's all said and done here in the 'ham. Buckle up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy acres FArm
Thank you for your blog.
We enjoyed seeing you.