.

.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SC Squared

I know, I'm kind of on a music blog kick lately. Mostly because we haven't had that much going on, ya know except studying, Olympics, studying, American Idol, studying, The Biggest Loser (our new love), and more studying...

Let's all go back to the early 90's. What's the first thing that comes to mind, besides big hair scrunchies, New Kids on the Block and my personal fav MC Hammer (2 legit 2 quit)... Steven Curtis Chapman of course! Definitely the BEST Christian music artist EVER! I've long had a musical crush on Steven. Who wouldn't, with those beautiful blond locks and the voice of a celestial angel? Who doesn't immediately think of him when you think of great Christian music growing up... unless your my husband and you live and breathe Acapella? AVB was TOTALLY better by the way (I'm sure M and J will highly disagree).

I came to think of good ole' Steve the other day when I put an old burn mix of Christian music in my CD player. I was elated when I heard that wondrous intro, "Saddle up your horses..." Only to have my joy escalate when I heard my first ever favorite "rap" song, "Got To Be True" by Steven along with none other than DC Talk alum Toby Mac. I'll never forget singing that song in the car with my dad and sis... after turning the cassette over to Side B and taking 5 minutes to find the exact song you wanted... those were the days.

Right after we got married, we went to the SCC and Michael W. Smith concert here in Bham with J and K... It took no time for me to travel back to my childhood roots. I loved EVERY minute of it.

So... as an ode to my childhood.

2 comments:

JHardison said...

clearly the overstudying has
made you delusional. AVB opened for Acappella for a reason---they were never as good

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Different music for different folks. Do you like to hear the Walbash Cannon Ball by Roy Acuff?