.

.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meet my husband...


Researcher, grad student, Kentucky fan, Jeopardy nerd, and most recently, cooking extraordinaire! My husband is a FANtastic cook, which is a newly developed hobby for him. Back when Matthew was living the bachelor life, he was a buy a Stouffor's lasagna and eat off of it for a week kind of guy. Whoever that man was, he no longer exists... because I now live with my very own personal Bobby Flay! Without the New York accent. We started cooking together a lot a couple of months after we got married. During the first couple of months, the cooking fell on this girl, rightfully so, since I was basically jobless and schooless (bored).

Since then, M's love for cooking has exponentially grown. He loves to experiment in the kitchen, with my personal fav ventures so far being... homemade Mexican salsa, tres leches cupcakes, chicken Parmesan, chicken cordon blue, homemade ice cream, homemade fudge and caramel sauce, etc... This is also a challenge on my waist-line. Most of the time I'm strong willed enough to say no when I need to, but this is proving to be an ever increasing struggle this past week since the girl scout cookies have arrived!

I love to cook as well. I would love to just sell baked goods from my home. You know I'm stressed if I'm baking. I'm the cookies, cakes, and cobblers girl. Matthew is the pie guy. So, I was delighted when yesterday afternoon, he said he was going to make some fried apple pies (with the cute apple pie mold mom gave us for Valentine's Day!) and homemade whip cream to take to his bosses' house for dinner last night.

They were I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E! And looked fantastic as well. Plus he was extra innovative and made cinnamon flavored whip cream to go with them as well... delish.

Again... incredible


Enjoy some pics from recent life...

So, after all of our loved ones got TONS of snow. Bham finally got 3-4 inches!

I don't think she was as excited as we were about it.

Lunch with friends... The other side of the table wouldn't let me take a picture. :)

Matthew's new suit from Mom and Dad. Doesn't he look great!

Valentine's Dinner at Bonefish

One thing I love about Bham- Almost 70 today in mid-February. Lexi's new favorite thing is laying on the porch for HOURS.

Helping mom study.

Have a great week! We will be in Knoxville next weekend to visit Heather and Russ! Cannot wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
We always enjoy you blog.
We agree Matthew is a good cook.
We see you all enjoyed the snow.