.

.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aimee's Visit!...and our new table!

Aimee came to visit this past weekend after being in Dallas on business.  Thank you Southwest for having cheap flights from Dallas to Houston!  Aimee pledged Pi Delta with me in the fall of 2005, and the rest has been history...  We lived next door to each other in the dorm sophomore year, shared a bedroom in an apartment for 3 months junior year, and then lived in Royal Arms together with Whitney for 2 years.  Needless to say she is one of my closest friends; I am so very thankful for her!

  Aimee got here Thursday night just in time for dinner.  We took her to one of our new favorite Pearland places and hung out until bed...I missed my 9:30 bedtime :)

Unfortunately on Friday, both M and I had to work, but Friday night we all went to a new Mexican restaurant called Taco Milagro in town.  The food was great; both it and the atmosphere reminded us of Baja Burrito, with a larger menu.  On the way home we passed a sign saying "Houston House of Pies"...None of us could help it, we just had to go in.  And boy, I'm so glad we did.  We took our pies (well M got a cream puff) home and all fell asleep watching TV :)


Aimee and Matthew dancing to the live music.



Saturday we took Aimee to one of our ABSOLUTE favorite Houston places, Central Market.  The only thing I can say to describe it is that it's a Whole Foods on Steroids.  For two foodies like M and me, it's a cook's Mecca.  The best part is the cafe in the store where you can get sandwiches, salads, soups, pasta, quesadillas, vegetables, dips, etc...  We've lived here only 2 months and have made the 25 minute drive 4 times just to eat there.

Saturday night we (or I should say M) cooked in.  He grilled a delicious salmon, roasted some peppers and asparagus, and my new favorite...swiss chard with onions/bacon/and garlic.  Delicious.  How lucky am I to have a husband that cooks!?

Sunday we took her to church, a little furniture shopping, and then sadly the airport :( Aimee it was so fun having you here!  You are welcome anytime!

 So our table finally came in... No chairs yet, so don't get too excited :)  But I am so happy with the table. I was a little leery that it would get there and I would change my mind, but fortunately I have felt no buyer's remorse!  We will be keeping this thing for a VERY long time. 

Here she is!  I'm obsessed with it. 

It's already 8 feet long and it came with 2 two foot leaves...for whenever we have a dining room big enough!

Close up...
That's all going on here!  Headed to Chicago for Labor Day Weekend and then Mom and Dad will be here!!  Can't wait. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
We are glad that you all had a nice weekend. We like your new table.