.

.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yin and Yang

So I came up with this blog idea after having a conversation with Matthew's boss. He was talking about how in relationships it's important that you have just enough similarities mixed in with the right amount of differences for balance. So it got me thinking about all the similarities and differences that Matthew and I share. Since I am slightly OCD and could write a book about Type A personalities, I thought making a list was perfect!


Similarities

1. We are both extroverts, although since high school I have become more and more of an introvert. The last Myers Briggs Test I took I was 52% extrovert, 48% introvert. Matthew probably blew that scale off the charts.

2. We are both EXTREMELY stubborn. Matthew said he never thought he would meet someone more stubborn than him... Enter me.

3. Neither of us are very patient...but Matthew definitely has more than me. This is starting to sound like I'm bashing myself!

4. We both have loud laughs. And the first thing we notice about people is whether they have a sense of humor or not.

5. We love sports. Watching them on TV, going to games in person, etc... Of course, UK sports is a gift from God.

6. We both love to cook. I'd say equally, especially if it's something new!

7. We are both photogenic. I'm not saying that we look beautiful in every picture we take, but we both know how to smile :)

8. We both love anything that has to do with the health care related field. Including every TV show (Grey's Anatomy, House, Hopkins, etc...)

9. We are both planners. Matthew likes to plan meals weeks in advance and the very last detail of every trip we are taking. I would rather die than lose my planner.

10. We're both night owlsand definitely not morning people

11. We both love to read

12. We're both very goal-oriented.

13. My dad would say (actually not "would say" it should be "did say" at our wedding) that we both like to be the center of attention... I disagree :)

14. We both love animals... if they are an angel in the form of a dog named Lexi

15. We both appreciate a fine dining experience. To us...we'd rather pay the extra money to eat at a nice restaurant and skip the movie than to just do an ok restaurant and a movie.

16. We both love to travel, which he has done a lot more than me. BUT, I have been to Europe and he has not!

17. We both like the same music, although some of his can get a little too punk rockerish (I know that's not a word) for me.

18. We both love school... apparently cause neither of us can seem to get out of it.

19. We are both extremely family oriented and came from very close-knit families.

20. People either live to eat or eat to live. We are both most definitely live to eat. I mean... You're only here so long, might as well enjoy it while you can.

21. Traditions are a must, and they should never be broken.


Differences

1. I am Type A...Matthew is not, but he is not completely Type B either, a mix I would say.

2. I do everything way before a deadline... Matthew is a procrastinator

3. I am naturally neat... Matthew only does it cause he loves me... a lot

4. I am the BIGGEST worry wort. I think I have seen Matthew stressed maybe twice since we have been together. The day before his Qualifier and when we got a bunch of medical bills :)

5. Matthew loves a challenge... I call challenges cruddy situations

6. Matthew loves puzzles (like a crossword puzzle, figuring out a riddle, doing Math in his head, etc... I would rather someone just tell me the answer.

7. Matthew loves Seinfeld...I love Friends. You either love one or the other.

8. Matthew could meet a stranger and in five minutes be their best friend....me, I am much more reserved around new people... Just ask the following people- Geoff, Barak, J, K, etc...

9. I am indecisive...Matthew can make a decision and just roll with it

10. Matthew is naturally frugal....I'm only frugal cause I have to be :)

11. Matthew has much more self-confidence than me... maybe I'm just humble?!

12. I am fairly athletic.... Matthew is not.

13. I get car sick thinking about reading in the car... Matthew could do it all day long

14. Matthew is a pie person... I like cake, although I hate to discriminate here, all things made of sugar are a good thing.

15. I tend to be a little more sympathetic than Matthew, not to say that he isn't.

16. If we had the money, I would buy clothes, Matthew would buy electronics.

17. Matthew's vocabulary is out of this world... He would use a word like chagrin or umbrage... While I'd just say I'm annoyed. I guess we know why he scored so high on the ACT and SAT.

18. I love to nap... Matthew says it's wasting time.

19. Matthew would love to live other places for a while and travel around before we settle somewhere and decide to have kids... Me? I would be happy as a clam in Nashville :)

20. Matthew thinks we shouldn't tell our kids that Santa Clause is real... I think this is blasphemous. I may get in trouble for putting this, it's sort of a sore subject ;)

21. He wants three kids... For me it's a toss up. Today is a four day, tomorrow it will be three.


That is all I can think of for now! I would love to hear if you can think of any good ones, I'm sure our parents could come up with some. My brain is friend. Exams have taken a toll on me. 5 more days and I will have freedom for 2 whole weeks! Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy acres Farm
Thank you for this insight of both of you; interesting.
Hope to see you soon.