.

.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Allens and Hardisons

Note to readers: Recaps of weekends are my least favorite blogs to write. They seem repetitive to me, thus I get weary of them. So, my apologies if they sound as bland to you as they do to me ;)

We had the upmost priviledge of having our good friends Adam and Katie Beth (KB) come visit us this past weekend over Labor Day. We were PUMPED. I was creating food menus weeks in advance, while Matthew actually got excited about cleaning. It's always a pleasure for me to have a good excuse to deep clean the apartment as opposed to it just being a Saturday (growing up you always cleaned on Saturdays!)... it always convinces the spouse a little more easily.


Adam and their dog Wallace..

We took them to our favorite pizza place Davenports Friday night after they got into town. We love this place for it's hole in the wall atmosphere, it's no shame policy of only serving pizza and salad.. no breadsticks here folks, and the fact that it's been owned by the same family since the 1960's. Matthew and I like to do our part supporting locally owned businesses. These people are the heart of America! It's one of the reasons we try and avoid large chains... with a few exceptions. It still pains me that I shop at Wal-Mart for groceries.
KB and I cleaning up after a pancake breakfast. No, she is not on stilts... I am extremely short and she is extremely tall.

We played some Trivial Pursuit at the apartment after dinner. The Allens made a terrific comeback to claim the win.. not after Matthew impressed us all by knowing way too much about everything. No 26 year old male born in 1983 should know all of that! I'm still thoroughly convinved that my husband was born in the wrong decade.

Saturday. We were all more than happy to spend the day watching college football. The only downside, it rained ALL DAY! Saturday we had moved over to the "The Manor" (Matthew's bosses house) because Matthew and I were house sitting while Ed was gone giving a talk in Memphis. We had originally planned to spend the day by the pool, playing some corn hole, etc... Bummer. I hate Birmingham weather. It rains ALL THE TIME.

We were sad to see the Adam and KB leave on Sunday (our anniversary). We so love having people come visit us, and it really means a lot to us when they do! 417 Oaks Drive is always open to guests, if you ever need a weekend away, and think "Birmingham is the perfect place to go" (which I would never think that, so I dont know why anyone else would) but regardless, CALL US!

Have a fabulous weekend! Matthew and I are headed to T-Town (Tuscaloosa) tomorrow to go to our first home Alabama football game! Roll Tide! (My father may disown me for writing that)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for your blog.
Sounds like a fun weekend.
Hope to see you soon.