.

.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birthday Week!

I decided it was time for a change. A formatting change, just for once. Don't you think that writing in a paragraph form all the time is binding? So here are my notes on life recently.

> I am super depressed about the Titans being 0-2. I don't even want to talk about it any more than that or I may throw something at this computer. Nonetheless, silver lining, the Patriots lost... I'm always excited to see Tom Brady bite the dust.

> I started taking a spinning class at the UAB Rec center. I was getting tired of my usual running plus ellipctical. Hello leg workout. It is AWESOME. Matthew and I have also started swimming some mornings before class. Anyone have any ideas on how to build up your lung capacity? I'm four strokes in and feel like my lungs will burst!

> This semester has been super easy so far. I'm sure I will eat my words at some point.

> We celebrated Geoff's 26th birthday on Monday. He told me he would rather have my cooking than go to a restaurant. Reason # 1,000 that I love Geoffrey Walter so much. Also, he told us it was ok for us to move in with him next summer. What a great guy.

> Ed (Matthew's boss) invited us to go to Holland with him sometime next summer!

> We are less than 1 week away from the Blink 182 concert!

> Matthew has a super secret surprise planned for my birthday this weekend. Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out what he is planning, but this time I absolutely have no clue.

> I absolutely HATE one of the courses I am taking this semester. I leave the class angry every Wednesday.

> Matthew and I are contemplating whether we want to move into a 2 bedroom in the same apartment complex. It will only cost about 20 bucks more a month, but then we would have to deal with moving furniture... all over again, only to have to do it again next August.

> Grey's Anatomy starts back tomorrow night. I have already planned a party for it with my nursing school buddies. Cannot wait.

> I got my credit card stolen at the Psych unit last Thursday. Well..not exactly stolen. It's a funny story, but much better in person.

>We celebrated mine and my sister's birthday this past weekend in Nashville. We went to Sperry's for dinner, mainly because dad had gift cards, and he gets a pastor (preacher) discount...ha. Our birthdays are 2 days apart.. 25th and the 27th. As a kid, this was annoying, you got 1 day all to yourself and then had to turn around and do it for your sister. Now, it's fun celebrating together, even sharing a birthday cake, which I never would have done growing up!




> Little Matthew is running cross country this year, and Big Matthew and I were able to go to one of his races this past Saturday. Big Matthew embarassed me by asking, "So what other events are there?" Are you kidding! You must be the only person alive who doesn't know what cross country is!... and it's not Track! Now obviously I have had a lot more experience with this... my sister ran all through high school and we went to meets all the time, but come on! Crawl out of the hole you've been in and get with the program!


> I have discovered that my husband makes yummy homemade Mexican salsa. I've never been more proud.

> We went to the Vanderbilt game with Dad on Saturday night. Depressing. It was like I was watching Vandy from 5 years ago.. absolutely no offense. Highlight of the evening was The DOG, a new hot dog restaurant on Belcourt near The Coop. It was incredible! To all my Nashville peeps... try this place!


> But most importantly... Happy Birthday to my best friend Heather who turned 24 today! You are now in your mid 20's!

Heather and me: Middle School... oh the awkward years

High School.. a little better

College

And now. I love you Heath! Happy Bday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Happy birthday to our GRAND
daughter.
Please check your Email for a special message.

Heather and Russ said...

Wow that is a pretty bad picture that you put up!

Laura K. said...

1-love the awkward years
2- thanks for the shout out at least in the pic- had fun adn good seeing you as always
3-yoga is GREAT for lung capacity