.

.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Birthday...Surprise!

Well, look who is making his second post in two months! I know, I know, please hold your applause. Anyway, this post is not about me, its about my lovely wife and her 23rd birthday. As our avid readers may remember from her last post she mentioned that I had a surprise planned for her birthday. Well that is not entirely true, a more accurate statement would have been that her best friend Heather and I had a surprise planned for her birthday.

While I am not the best at "recap" blogs I will attempt to keep this entertaining and as informative as my mother's facebook statuses (statusi?).

The 8,401st day of Andrea's life unfolded as this... I woke up before she did Fri morning and made a delicious (if I do say so myself) breakfast of sausage, bacon, and pancakes and then unfortunately had to head in to work for a little bit. Now this is where the day began to get hectic for me. I had, unbeknownst (can something be beknownst?) to Andrea, been talking/planning with Heather for the perfect time for her and her husband Russ (who is one of my best friends, nice how that works out right?) to come visit us for the first time in Birmingham. So obviously we needed to have a clean apt and clean sheets on the guest bed/couch or Andrea would have killed me for letting company show up and the apt be a mess, which it really never is but you know... Anyway, that morning after breakfast I had been succsessful in convincing Andrea that today was a good day to clean the apartment so that we wouldn't have to mess with it on Sat. She planned to do her chores during the day and I would do mine when I got home early before we went to dinner. Unfortunately I was not succsessful at talking her into taking the sheets of the couch from when Adam and KB were here because I could obviously not push to hard for it without arousing her suspicions. So needless to say I made two separate trips home during the day while Ann was gone working out and getting her nails done (a great present from her nursing friends) to wash and dry the sheets.

Finally the evening arrived and we went to try a new (to us) Italian place for her birthday dinner. Amore, a tiny family run place out 280 in Greystone was well worth the 20 min drive. There couldnt have been more than 10 tables in the whole place but the food was phenomenal! We got a meatball appetizer that was amazing and than after the main course they surprised us with a complementary creme brulee (i mean who can turn down custard and caramelized sugar right?) Well before we had left I was sly enough to slip a key under the mat so that Russ and Heather could let themselves in while we were eating. I think judging by Ann's reaction when she saw them it was a great surprise to end her birthday.




The four of us just hung out here at the apartment and played rock band for the rest of the night, aaaaaaaand pretty much all day saturday too (boo on the rain, i'm sick of it) Sat night though was a whole lot of fun as we all got to go to a multi-person birthday party at my boss' house. Today we took them to eat lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant and showed them around UAB's campus.


Sometime during the night, Lexi ended up in this....


Needless to say it was a really fun weekend and we were so glad they were finally able to come and see us!! I think everyone had a blast and as always, there is an open invitation to come and crash on the couch, thanks Heath and Russ for making our weekend and Ann's birthday!

Dr. and Dr.

BFF's

And last, but definitely not least. Happy 26th Birthday to my sis-in-law Ashley! From then to now...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this blog..thanks, Matthew for loving my daughter and making her birthday a big deal. I am so glad Heather and Russ could visit, too. But, most of all, thanks for the picture of my sweet girls from years ago..made me cry! I love you!

Unknown said...

LOVE the shout-out and the pictures!! Well done bro.