.

.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Hollywood Crushes

I'm not a big movie person.. at least compared to my husband, who is a movie know-it-all...It can be quite annoying, really. But I was reminded on Sunday night after watching The Academy Awards that there are a few actors/actresses that I LOVE. So here is my short list.

Meryl Streep


This woman is fabulous. I absolute love everything about her. Who knew that she was educated at Yale? And she has been married to the same man since 1978. She was magnificent in Mamma Mia and Julie and Julia (2 of her most recent flicks). And well, I guess if you've been nominated for an Oscar 16 TIMES... as Stanley Tucci so eloquently said, "she is simply the best".
On a side note, if I could look like that at age 60... I will be a happy camper.

Steve Martin

What can I say?? He's magnificently funny. He was in one of my all-time favorite movies Father of the Bride. He's all around goofy like my own father. And he made graying early acceptable for men in their 30's! But my favorite part... he is a stand-out bluegrass musician. He is a solid banjo player, and there is simply nothing more attractive than a funny guy with musical talent (my husband ;)

on a side note... when we have kids, they are definitely playing a cool instrument like the banjo. No offense Mom and Dad, I'm still somewhat grateful for the 10 YEARS of suffering through piano lessons :)




Tom Hanks


I know I'm stealing my hubby's all-time favorite actor. But he cannot have him all to himself. There is not a single movie Tom Hanks is in that I dislike (minus Joe vs. the Volcano). He is just a stand-up, charming guy who happens to be one of the highest grossing movie actors of all time. I'm convinced there is not a single role he could not play, and he's funny! Every time he interviews on late night shows, he's hilarious...funnier than Dave and Jay (which isn't hard considering anyone is funnier than Jay).

That about sums it up. We are leaving for Savannah/Amelia Island tonight! So, don't expect a blog from me anytime soon. I'm on a BREAK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for your new post.
I know very little about movies.