.

.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

K Town Down


It was finally our turn to return the visit made by our besties for my birthday last Sept and visit Heather and Russ in Knoxille! M and I were looking forward to it all week... and if Russ' many phone calls over the course of the week were any indication about his excitement; he was super pumped. Not sure about what exactly, either about us coming, or just having an extra two people to play in his rock band.. the game.

We left early Friday afternoon after Matthew stole away from work. Who knew that Knoxville was not that far of a drive from here? Never having been to the sprawling metropolis of k-town, I was intrigued as to what this college town would bring, and I'll have to say, after being highly skeptical (snotty), I was super impressed! Simply take the University of Tennessee out of Knoxville, and you've got one fun town!

Heather and Russ took us to a great local burger joint on Friday night that was fantastic. Good company is only made better with greasy, fatty food. We basically ended up back at their apartment hanging out for the night and laughing for a good 20 minutes about Matthew falling over Russ in the middle of the floor (you had to have been there). I literally do not remember the last time I laughed that hard.


You just never can tell with these two.

Saturday, Heather had to work... boo. We slept in, grabbed breakfast and lazied it up all afternoon waiting on Heather to get off work. This would be the point where I would have talked about how awesome it was to be in Knoxville to watch our Cats defeat the ugly orange. But alas, that was not in the cards for our weekend. So, we will simply pretend it didn't happen and move on.

Remember that time Bruce Pearl's ex-wife opened up this shop...

Saturday evening we went downtown to Market Square to eat and shop in some boutiques there on the Square. Matthew and I even found our gifts for his boss for the defense coming up.. One more thing checked off the "to do list"! We ate at a local pizza joint called the Tomato Head and then headed back to their apartment to call it a night ( not really, we stayed up until 1). On a side note... Heather and I ran into not one but 2 people we went to high school with! Crazy! They both went to UT, but neither of them live there now. How weird is it that we were all there over 1 weekend?

Overall, it was a great weekend spent in company with 2 of our favorite people in the entire world. We are so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends, and I know we will be friends with Heather and Russ for a long time to come. I look at it as my own little version of my parents' Grady and Jeannie... Bring on some family vacations!

No comments: