.

.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Matthew T Hardison, PhD


Notify the press! We have big news! HE PASSED! 3 1/2 years in the making, and it is now finally over. My husband is done and never has to study for anything ever AGAIN, and I'm insanely jealous.

I'm glad it's over so I can have my normal husband back. He has been abnormally quiet the last couple of days, and if you know Matthew you understand that this is very uncharacteristic for him...downright scary really.

I walked into the den yesterday afternoon and Matthew said, "I don't know what's going on, I feel like I can't catch my breath." I somewhat gently explained, "It's called STRESS!, I know you don't have to experience this very often, but that's what it is..." Cause you see, I'm a pro at anxiety, I have been having trouble breathing since I was 10... apparently elementary school was a very stressful time for me.

Matthew did an excellent job today. Ed, his mentor, couldn't have been more proud and said that Matthew was about as close to perfection a grad student could possibly be. He nailed every question they asked..basically he was a research rock star.

So from now on, we expect any mail addressed to 417 Oaks Drive to say Dr. and Mrs. Matthew Hardison. :) jk. That's a little pretentious.

About to start..


At the catered reception afterwards. We had Cocina Superior...delicioso!

Look who showed up! J didn't think he'd be able to make it. And yes, my sis-in-law is 26 weeks pregnant. Doesn't she look great!



Super proud parents. Couldn't have gotten everything done and ready for today without them!

Ed and Shawn.

Delicious homemade Derby pies David and Sandra and Grandma Eva made!

And of course our BFF Geoff was there.

Thank you to everyone for your never ending support and prayers. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

2 comments:

Uncle Kin and family said...

Well done! Hard work by a great Team Hardison finally starts to be recognized by the academic world. Very happy and proud for both of you.

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Congratulations to both of you.