.

.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

If I Have To...

So, I turned 24 on Saturday.  Please, hold your "happy birthdays".  I'm not thrilled.  Birthdays used to be fun and exciting.  As you got older, you got more responsibilities, like riding your bike out of your mother's line of sight, going to the movies with friends sans parents, getting a cell phone, learner's permit, driver's license, being able to vote or get a tattoo without parental permission (I didn't take advantage of that last one), etc...  What happens at 24.... a big fat nothing.  Sure, more responsibility, but most definitely not "fun" responsibility, like remembering to feed your pet goldfish. 

I know I know, I'm really not at all old.  There are plenty of people older than me, don't hate.  I just know that next year I will officially be mid twenties, as in closer to 30 than 20.  Fortunately, there are upsides...If anything, being 24 has been an even better reminder to put on my anti-wrinkle cream at night and my sunscreen on during the day... I refuse to have bad skin. 

Now instead of wondering what I'm going to wear to Homecoming or formal.  I worry about 401k's, Roth IRA's, student loans, car payments, or even better how we're going to pay for our future children's college education.  No fun! I remember thinking adulthood was so glamorous :) Luckily, there are a lot of things to look forward to as well...focus on the positive!
 Thanks to all who made my bday great!  It was so fun being in Nashville to celebrate mine and Ashley's birthdays.



Dinner at Sperrys.



So I have been dying for a pair of Ray-Bans.  But, I accidently got my mom to order them in the wrong size... Bummer.  Now I'm having a change of heart, and don't know if I should stick with my Aviators (in the bigger size) or get Wayfarers.
Wayfarer
Aviator...All my fashion-forward friends out there.. Help!     
On Saturday, there was a Pi Delta Alumni Breakfast.  Yay for seeing old friends!
My pledge class...7 out of 13.  Not bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy acres Farm
We are glad that you had a nice birthday. We hope to see you all soon.

Crystal Stephens said...

Ah ha grasshopper, I got an additional car insurance discount at 25, get ready!!!