.

.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So Long Black Beauty

So long
We sadly ecstatically got rid of our good friend Black Beauty this past Sunday.  Matthew and I bought a new car!!  I'm sorry Black Beauty, your worn out AC just wasn't cutting it anymore.  Your time had come.  Now, you can rest in the great car heaven in the sky, or the dump, either/or.  I wish I could say that you've been a great car, but in all honesty, you were sort of a headache, or a wallet ache.  I wish Serra Hyundai/Kia/Mistubishi/Chevy/and whatever else they sell the best of luck in selling you...
Matthew and I had been eyeing the 2011 Hyundai Sonatas for the last month or so, apparently they have been rated the "best" car for your money the last couple of years, plus it looks pretty.  We had decided to wait 6 months, save up a little more, and then take the plunge.  This all changed when Matthew found an ad in the paper saying they would give $4500 for any trade-in.  Obviously, Black beauty is not worth a dime over $1500, so we opted to go check it out, vowing that even if we fell in love with a car, we would "at least" go home and sleep on it.  5 hours later we walked out with our lives and any valuable organs signed away to a car loan :)


On a side note, if anyone needs a great haggler, you are free to borrow my husband.  He stuck to his guns and said he would not pay a dime over a certain price, even when the guy basically begged.  The car guy wanted $10 more a month, which I thought was reasonable... but not to M.  Through all the negotiations, we got the car for about $8000 off the sticker price.. have no idea how that came about.  I clammed up in through the negotiations (I feel awkward in confrontations), so I excused myself to go "study" for the NCLEX.  All I know, we're the new proud owners of a car that will hopefully survive for a VERY long time.

 On a side note, as if I needed any other reason to be glad I got a job at UAB.. I was shown this little jewel in orientation today.  I've gotta meet this guy. 

3 comments:

Ryan and Ashleigh Simmons said...

Maybe I should come work there with you? I don't have a job and if I can rap and dance around in videos I'm in. Looks like such a fun/positive workplace!

Anonymous said...

Wow..did my brain cells kick in!I'm thinking I will get my group together in surgery and make a rap video..I can see it now!!! :)

Mom

Sean W. said...

R.I.P. Sebring. I will have fond memories of riding around Nashville and going to Fat Mo's in that thing.
Congrats on the new ride. Those things are nice!