.

.

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Very Blessed Thanksgiving

It was a huge blessing for us to be able to travel to see both of our families for Thanksgiving this year.  As a new nurse, I was fully expecting to have to work all of the holidays, but I was extremely grateful to my nurse manager for giving me 7, yes count em, 7 days off over Thanksgiving!  Like I needed anything else to be thankful for!  Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday, so I was elated that I was able to make it this year.  We split time between Cincinnati and Lexington, so that we got to spend time with both sides, and now that I'm on this side of "time off", I'm wondering why I ever felt like it was a good idea to graduate from school :)

In no particular order, these are things I am thankful for this year:
-A husband who is always there, supportive, and continually in prayer over me and with me.  He's simply the best, hands down. 
-The craziest, sweetest dog that ever lived.
-The most incredible/supportive parents, my parents rock
-Wonderful in-laws who are a constant blessing
-A great sister and brother.. I couldn't be more blessed in this department
-Two awesome brothers-in-law and sister-in-law who have become "real" siblings
-The sweetest nephew on the planet.. and the cutest
-Loving grandparents on both sides
-Jobs
-Old friends and new friends
-Young Marrieds Core Group at Homewood
-Geoff..always
-And during this time of year... wool socks!
This doesn't even scrape the surface... But I'm pressed for time.  Bathrooms and kitchens don't clean themselves!

Sneaking a little snack before dinner

I will admit that I look slightly like my mom and my sister in this pic...

The fam.

Miss you Kath!

M and Uncle Grady supporting the Tide.. even tho we cheered for the Auburn Tigers on Game Day...

There's my sweet turkey!

TOO cute

A good lookin UK lovin family

When we got home we decorated for Christmas... still not done, almost there.  It's a slow process when you're not creative


My slowly growing snow village.. 5 strong!

Need I say more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager of Happy Acres Farm
Thank you for the blog and the pictures. We look forward to seeing you all for the holidays.